Really tired of scraping my pegs....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really tired of scraping my pegs....

Really tired of scraping my pegs....

...because it is making the ride unenjoyable on this fabulous bike.

I am running the Kuryakyn drop down adapters with the Kinetic pegs and since the whole adapter/peg assembly is lower and farther out; scraping is much more pronounced than if the stock pegs were installed.

I am taking my stock driver pegs to the powder coater tomorrow, and am going to remount them. I think with the new Ultimate seat that has raised me a little, I should be fine with the bent knee position that propelled me to lower by pegs in the first place

After I get back from Antigua next week, I most likely will be selling the Kuryakyn dropdown adapters and pegs, if what I am expecting the OEM pegs to pan out with now. It's really funny how we (at times) return our bikes components back to original configuration. Maybe they (Honda) had some of this right after all.....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I hear ya loud & clear. After reading on the forum about how everyone needed and had to have risers for the bars, I ordered the MBL's. Good product that did exactly what was expected, but I felt like I was sitting in a "sit up and beg" position like a dog. Put the bars back to stock and that's where they have been for 2 years. And they feel perfect.

Sorry for the hijack, your post just brought this to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    I hear ya loud & clear. After reading on the forum about how everyone needed and had to have risers for the bars, I ordered the MBL's. Good product that did exactly what was expected, but I felt like I was sitting in a "sit up and beg" position like a dog. Put the bars back to stock and that's where they have been for 2 years. And they feel perfect.

Sorry for the hijack, your post just brought this to mind.
    No hijack.... completely inline with my thoughts.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    It's really funny how we (at times) return our bikes components back to original configuration. Maybe they (Honda) had some of this right after all.....
    I agree...
    I had the smoke lens covers on my front turn signal / running lights and was just using the supplied standard amber bulb. I liked the look, but the "Be Seen" safety issue outweighed the cool stealth look. Upgrading to leds would have helped a lot, just wasn't ready to go that route just yet.

I looked at pics of my bike, some with the smoke and others with the amber...and the amber just "Pops" in comparison... and you know damn well that if our bikes came with the clear or smoke lens covers, everyone would be putting on aftermarket amber lenses anyway

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    I agree...
    I had the smoke lens covers on my front turn signal / running lights and was just using the supplied standard amber bulb. I liked the look, but the "Be Seen" safety issue outweighed the cool stealth look. Upgrading to leds would have helped a lot, just wasn't ready to go that route just yet.

I looked at pics of my bike, some with the smoke and others with the amber...and the amber just "Pops" in comparison... and you know damn well that if our bikes came with the clear or smoke lens covers, everyone would be putting on aftermarket amber lenses anyway

Keith
    Geeez....

I have been thinking the same thoughts as well; regarding the smoke vs OEM Amber lenses.

As many of you know, I am a big proponent for being "seen" (who is not...) but I wanted to get the front end of my matte silver's color scheme to erase those two Amber turn signal/running light lenses. The replacement "light smoke" lenses look good when the bike is off, but it just seems that the Amber bulbs included do not project the same intensity oF light.

I may replace them again with the OEM lenses.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Love me some JB Weld

So I had pondered this issue in another thread on this forum.... Biglry was having the same issue and could not come up with a fix:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...hlight=kinetic

...so I decided to try to follow through this afternoon on what I think will work. I sourced some 1" x 1/2" stainless steel hex bolts and went to work.

You can see the original scrape marks on the underside of the pegs:

What it will look like from the top side:

I had removed the powder coating from where the stainless steel bolts are now being bonded with the JB Weld:

Tomorrow; I will mask the pegs and hit them with some glossy black enamel spray paint; concentrating on the JB Welded bolt as well. Hopefully this will work and if it does; I will later get some titanium bolts and do the same thing; if and when the stainless steel ones wear down.

They will most certainly scrape more now... BUT I will be less concerned since the stainless steel bolts will be the sacrificial anode for that effect.

Will post pic's of the finished product later on... in this thread.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Are those bolts metric or SAE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Are those bolts metric or SAE?
    Put your glasses on it is obvious they are Whitworth sized fasteners.
    And if you know what they are then you know your scoots.

Good job!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

All taped up and ready for paint. But all I have at the moment is flat black BBQ spray paint

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Finished

Two coats of Krylon gloss black spray enamel.

Will get them mounted as soon as I source two new cotter pins... Most assuredly this will extend the life of the Kinetic Kury pegs. The stainless steel bolts "should" wear down more slowly than the pegs themselves...

...am interested in the first "scrapes" with them.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537