Just returned from a 7 dayer (3K miles) and this is the way I generally eat (even the woman I was with - starting eating the same for breakfast).

Breakfast about 7 or 8 a.m. 4 eggs (usually over ez) w/ about 4 pieces of sausage. Large Americano (usually w/ 3 or 4 shots). An American is espresso shots w/ infused hot water. The protein keeps me satisfied 'til about 1 or 2 p.m. When my lady friend began eating this way on the trip, she was kinda amazed she wasn't hungry for most of the day.

A very lite lunch ( tuna salad w/ avocado or something similar) - if hot outside, a beer and a shot of tequila (which I sip), lots of water. It's generally enjoyed on a patio overlooking majestic vistas or watching other bikers passing by for about an hour or so.

Dinner - rare to mid-rare steak w/ a couple of beers and tequila of course. Again, w/ lots of water. If the restaurant has decent wine, may be some wine that's as thick as lamb's blood. I generally stop or try micro - brews along the way. Always wanting to experience something new. Not into coronas,bud-light, etc., etc. And some micro brew places have excellent dinners. Moab brewery (Moab, UT) is one, Deschutes Brewery Bend Public House and Bend Brewing Company (Bend, OR), Kern River Brewing Company (Kernville, CA).