Stirring the Poop - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stirring the Poop

shooter
    I pretty much agree with Dickie. I always carry. I don't think I'm Mr Super Tactical but I hit what I aim at. I ignore all gun free zone signs. If I need to be there then my gun is coming also. Army I didn't get your comment. The AR would be nice but 25 or 30 handguns in hands that knew how to use them would have been nice. I don't go places that I believe put myself or family at risk. I don't feel like I'm restricting myself. I still go to the movie theater. Wife and I go about once a month. I've told her , shooting starts , lay down. Get out of my way. I'm not running. My thing is , don't vote anti gun and then cry to the world that someone shot at you. We all know if you ban guns then only the criminals and police will have one. Have you ever seen a cop when you needed one?? Response time in my neck of the woods can be an hour. It will be over long before then. My advice , sit close to an exit , remain vigilant , its called condition yellow. When you suspect a problem , condition orange , have a plan of action already thought out. If the shyt hits the fan , enact that plan , condition red. In other words when you walk in a building don't just walk in with your thumb up your azz. Look around , take note of the exits , sit where you can see the whole room if possible. Its not that difficult. Just knowing your surroundings can save your life. Last but not least , buy a gun , learn how to use it proficiently , carry it wherever you go. Don't talk about it , don't show it to your buddy and don't brag that you carry. Its a lifestyle not a way to make you look big to your buddies.

I think you guys, and us in Au need to start looking after our nut cases as we used to do and not let them free access to society, maybe that's a start.

Chris

shooter
    Attachment 21641 Sorry for the quality of the pic. Between the sun and the shadows I did my best. If every bar and restaurant had this in the window , terrorist might think twice. Pig Pen BBQ in Lebanon MO. Great food. Pig Pen's son teaches CCW classes out back. I'm not making this up. Really.

shooter
    Cos , that's the bad thing. This guys wife knew he was going to do it and said nothing. I hope they fry her.

My question is why hasn't the islamic terrorists hit homosexual clubs before and will they be doing it again now that they know they can get such a high body count (fish in a gun-free-zone barrel) ?

Also, Isreal has compulsory service so their civilian population is well trained. Maybe something we should be doing more of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_Israel

It's one thing to shoot and hit your target.

It's a totally different game when your target is shooting back.

Please be aware of that. Never adopt a static shooting position because of that.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Have faith my good man .... I could be wrong but this is my gut and it is going to be interesting
    I'm with ya!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I pretty much agree with Dickie. I always carry. I don't think I'm Mr Super Tactical but I hit what I aim at. I ignore all gun free zone signs. If I need to be there then my gun is coming also. Army I didn't get your comment. The AR would be nice but 25 or 30 handguns in hands that knew how to use them would have been nice. I don't go places that I believe put myself or family at risk. I don't feel like I'm restricting myself. I still go to the movie theater. Wife and I go about once a month. I've told her , shooting starts , lay down. Get out of my way. I'm not running. My thing is , don't vote anti gun and then cry to the world that someone shot at you. We all know if you ban guns then only the criminals and police will have one. Have you ever seen a cop when you needed one?? Response time in my neck of the woods can be an hour. It will be over long before then. My advice , sit close to an exit , remain vigilant , its called condition yellow. When you suspect a problem , condition orange , have a plan of action already thought out. If the shyt hits the fan , enact that plan , condition red. In other words when you walk in a building don't just walk in with your thumb up your azz. Look around , take note of the exits , sit where you can see the whole room if possible. Its not that difficult. Just knowing your surroundings can save your life. Last but not least , buy a gun , learn how to use it proficiently , carry it wherever you go. Don't talk about it , don't show it to your buddy and don't brag that you carry. Its a lifestyle not a way to make you look big to your buddies.
    Excellent post, Shooter. We just had a presentation at work that teaches the new adopted Mantra(not sure by whom) Run, Hide, Fight. The fight part involves using whatever is at one's disposal...tables, chairs, silverware, whatever. I thought to myself, "Gee, a GUN would work well in this situation!"

All I know is that in ALL of the recent Mass shooting incidences, the common denominator was that they were all Gun Free Zones. I wonder if THAT'S the problem?
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

shooter
    Wiggy , these cowards prey on the weak. I wonder what would happen if they walked into a Marine live fire training zone. Or a Swat Fun house. Or even a cop bar.

Look at Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Excellent post, Shooter. We just had a presentation at work that teaches the new adopted Mantra(not sure by whom) Run, Hide, Fight. The fight part involves using whatever is at one's disposal...tables, chairs, silverware, whatever. I thought to myself, "Gee, a GUN would work well in this situation!"

All I know is that in ALL of the recent Mass shooting incidences, the common denominator was that they were all Gun Free Zones. I wonder if THAT'S the problem?
    That's a gun free zone! Highest murder rate in the Midwest. Someone needs to get their head out of there Ass and arm those people.