F6B Struck by Lightning? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F6B Struck by Lightning?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    UPDATE ...

Just got off the phone with MILES, yes it is Miles and he is at a Trauma Center. Supposed to be released tomorrow morning.

Has no hearing in right ear and very little in the left. Being kept overnight so they can monitor his heart and keep an eye on some bleeding from right ear. A little shook up with injuries around his head and neck area.

The lightning knocked him out while traveling at 70mph, he came to when the driver of the pick-up truck following him tapped on his shoulder. Miles does not recall how he ended upright on the side of the road with the side stand down.

The Bike was taken to his home by Dale (one of our members), apparently the lightning travelled down his headset cord into the right speaker, fried the HID's and melted the antenna . No telling what other electronics have been damaged.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and that your hearing comes back.

Unbelievable!

Let our prayers be with you brother.

Holy crap! Get well soon brother Miles. That must cause one hell of a headache.

Glad he's Ok.
    I'd buy a lottery ticket. He's a lucky guy.
    I wonder if his Million Miles helped get him to the side of the road as if by "reflex" more than anything else.

Anyway...you are still here for a reason Miles.

I hope to meet you at next year's rally.

Maybe you'll get another knickname?? Sparkie? Flash? Smokey? Lightning McMiles? Thunder Top? F6BOOM?
    Well it's easy to joke about it now, but it could have been a lot worse...

Damn,

I never considered lightning on my bike, and I have also ridden through some real crap.

Miles, hope you are ok, and your electrifying experience has not shaken you too bad?

Please let us know how you are doing.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    UPDATE ...

Miles does not recall how he ended upright on the side of the road with the side stand down.

The Bike was taken to his home by Dale (one of our members), apparently the lightning travelled down his headset cord into the right speaker, fried the HID's and melted the antenna . No telling what other electronics have been damaged.

GOOD LORD!!!! Lucky to be alive in so many regards!!!

We're pulling for ya Miles! Heal up soon!!!!!!!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Maybe you'll get another knickname?? Sparkie? Flash? Smokey? Lightning McMiles? Thunder Top? F6BOOM?
    As soon as he get's back up to speed, we SHOULD come up with something to remember his encounter with,,,

Maybe rename his bike,,,,,, call it an 'Electro-glide'?

Hmm, small world, even smaller forum. Glad he is ok (relative to what happened), just another badge of honor for a hardened motorcyclist, ATGATT comes through again!!! Now...how to explain this to the insurance company??? I have responded to 3 motorcycle wrecks this past couple months with some very critical injuries. Wearing proper gear could have lessened the blow quite a bit.
    Still Wingman after the site crash!

Holy Crap! I heard about this yesterday morning, but the local news didn't give a name. I will have to go check on him after he is released from the hospital.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DAMN, Miles did say he was going to ride through some rain on the last leg back from his trip. Hope he recovers 100%, take care brother.