F6B Struck by Lightning? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F6B Struck by Lightning?

Funny thing....I only know his name as Miles....what is his real name?
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    Funny thing....I only know his name as Miles....what is his real name?

I would prefer to leave PERSONAL information off the site, no need to have anyone exposed to Identity Theft.

Private Message Miles directly, Thank You!

miles

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    UPDATE ...

Just got off the phone with MILES, yes it is Miles and he is at a Trauma Center. Supposed to be released tomorrow morning.

Has no hearing in right ear and very little in the left. Being kept overnight so they can monitor his heart and keep an eye on some bleeding from right ear. A little shook up with injuries around his head and neck area.

The lightning knocked him out while traveling at 70mph, he came to when the driver of the pick-up truck following him tapped on his shoulder. Miles does not recall how he ended upright on the side of the road with the side stand down.

The Bike was taken to his home by Dale (one of our members), apparently the lightning travelled down his headset cord into the right speaker, fried the HID's and melted the antenna . No telling what other electronics have been damaged.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and that your hearing comes back.
    yes i went down and rode his bike to his house last night in the storm, it was really raining hard with lots of lightning, and about five inches of water on the side roads, but i figured the bike had already been hit once, what are the odds of a second strike? most things do not work on the bike, lights, radio, no displays at all, no blinkers, but the F6B still runs fine. his Garmin 550 still works. dale

I just checked with admitting at the hospital in Seattle that Miles was at. He was released to go home this morning at 10:30 local time. That's good news.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

According to the witness, Miles was slumped over but still manage to get the bike to the shoulder. Unbelievable, I guess those million miles paid off as the body just reacted. The report said Miles doesn't remember it.
    Indeed, with all the hours spent in the saddle reflex action took over. And he got the side stand deployed! The legend grows!

Cool

" The legend grows! "......can you imagine the camp fire stories from this....!!!!!!

Get well soon and get back on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

When you can get back out there Miles and we go on a ride, if I see just one itsy bitsy storm cloud, I am heading for cover. Now that I know you are a good conductor of electricity. Dude, Ben Franklin did that trick way back when, you didn't have to repeat it to see if it worked!
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A legend indeed. WOW. We be praying for you too brother. Miles I know you know this from Sir Andrew Barton back around 1500 or something and it fits you so well:
    "I am hurt, but I am not slain. I'll lay me down and bleed a while, And then I'll rise and fight again."
    Amen brothers.

Holy moly. Never thought it would strike so close to home, so to speak. Hoping for a full recovery for him and his bike. Wow.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am wondering if the repairs are covered under warranty?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!