F6B Struck by Lightning? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F6B Struck by Lightning?

Wishing you a speedy recovery Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    I am wondering if the repairs are covered under warranty?
    Warranty no, Insurance yes.

I am not worried about the bike however; my concern is a full recovery for my new friend. The world's toughest motorcycle rider!

Crap. I'm sure when Miles recovers he will tell you there is 99.314159% chance of getting struck while riding in a thunderstorm on a black f6b, so...

Cool

Forgive me but that there was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Some guys will go to just about any lengths to promote that "world's toughest biker" image.

Seriously, Miles, sorry to hear about your misfortune and happy that you not only survived, but are already out of the hospital. To not only survive the lightning strike, but also be able to get safely stopped, is remarkable.

A question comes to mind for you, Miles, or for anyone who might actually know about such things. Is there any way that the electrical cord from your helmet to the bike could do anything to enhance the electrical blow to you personally, or could it have had a mitigating affect? This question probably exposes my near total lack of understanding of things electrical.

Prayers for your speedy and total recovery, Miles. Also prayers of thanks for your survival.

And let us know when you'll be down Sacramento way again.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by contek View Post
    Crap. I'm sure when Miles recovers he will tell you there is 99.314159% chance of getting struck while riding in a thunderstorm on a black f6b, so...
    quick.....I need some red paint!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Miles i'm glad to hear that you have survived this lighting strike. I hope you have a full recovery and you are back riding soon.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Now this is amazing, hit while riding at 70 mph, keeps it upright and pulls over to put the kickstand down? I think Miles could ride a bike in his sleep. Speedy recovery Miles.

Whoa!! That was Miles! Wonder if Iron Butt has a patch for that? Shit, the story alone is priceless!

Did he put on the CT yet? Better exclude CT on motorcycle increases chance of lightning strike.

Miles, here's to a speedy recovery! Glad your still here! Cheers!
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Whoa!! That was Miles! Wonder if Iron Butt has a patch for that? Shit, the story alone is priceless!

Did he put on the CT yet? Better exclude CT on motorcycle increases chance of lightning strike.

Miles, here's to a speedy recovery! Glad your still here! Cheers!
    Glad you made it through that, hope everything's ok. Hang in there!