Need advise on rear tire - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advise on rear tire

Plug it
    /thread

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Ask your Son to plug it or watch the you tube video on laying the bike on its side to change the tire. It's almost as easy for your Son to pull the tire off & run it to the dealer as it is to plug it.

shooter
    Opas , less stress on that tire running in a straight line at a normal pace than backroads and curves and prolonging the trip.

A couple of options...

a. Plug it and go get it changed out.

b. Plug it and get some more miles.

c. Check the air and ride it to the shop...(how far did you ride it before you knew there was a screw in it?)

d. If to concerned, lay bike over on side and remove tire..I think it is 18MM... RandR move on!

I get a kick out of folks on what they would do. One of my questions is how far did you ride it before there was a problem. Coming back from a Rune

rally one of the guys noticed his front tire was showing thread...got a little upset...my question was how many miles did you ride it at 80mph before you

were aware? He rode the bike all the way to FLA !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks to all who gave advise/opinions on my tire issue...But, all is going to work out fine. My neighbor told me of a local guy, about 10 minutes from my house who does all type of bike repairs including tires..He rides a Goldwing and is very familiar with the F6B..Ordered both front and rear new Dunlop E-4's and will have them put on in a couple days when the tires arrive.....Ride safe and thanks again for the responses...