Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
I have a Driveguard on my F6B with about 15,500 miles on it so far, looks to go at least another 6k-7k. I have used it to travel on a 7500 mile trip from FL to NC to CO & UT OH WV last summer. I have a second rim from a 2014 G-Wing from ebay I use and lay the bike on its side. Then put a thin white plastic trash bag on top of tire and it squeezes right in. Is a little tough without the bag. Most of the miles on the bike were loaded down with camping gear on a rear rack which probably shortened the tread life a little. I have ceramic beads 3-oz, and it stays in perfect balance all the time.
Appreciate your reply, Felloverboard, especially since you're the pioneer who's the first I know of to run this tire. I have a couple questions if you can steer me in the right direction. You mentioned having a second rim. Is that to mount your next tire on so it's ready to go?

Laying the bike on it's side might alleviate the problem I had with tire height while trying to get the tire into position with the Honda method of having the bike straight up on the center stand. I first tried with the tire aired up and then with the valve core removed and tire deflated. I had the amp basket removed from it's mount and up out of the way. It was only after removing the left exhaust that I had the clearance to tilt the tire and get it up in.

What is the sweet spot for pressure with this tire, in your opinion? I ran the tire 100 miles tonight and it leans over very easily. For this ride I tried 42 psi and there was good response but naturally the tire was pretty stiff. I might try the other end of the spectrum and go down to 30 for the next ride.

I'd appreciate any feedback from fellow runflatters on pressure that works for them--not only for comfort but for best wear also.

Thanks