Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
Appreciate your reply, Felloverboard, especially since you're the pioneer who's the first I know of to run this tire. I have a couple questions if you can steer me in the right direction. You mentioned having a second rim. Is that to mount your next tire on so it's ready to go?

Laying the bike on it's side might alleviate the problem I had with tire height while trying to get the tire into position with the Honda method of having the bike straight up on the center stand. I first tried with the tire aired up and then with the valve core removed and tire deflated. I had the amp basket removed from it's mount and up out of the way. It was only after removing the left exhaust that I had the clearance to tilt the tire and get it up in.

What is the sweet spot for pressure with this tire, in your opinion? I ran the tire 100 miles tonight and it leans over very easily. For this ride I tried 42 psi and there was good response but naturally the tire was pretty stiff. I might try the other end of the spectrum and go down to 30 for the next ride.

I'd appreciate any feedback from fellow runflatters on pressure that works for them--not only for comfort but for best wear also.

Thanks
The second rim just makes it easier to have one ready to go. The Driveguard is much cheaper than a Regular bike tire also. For tire pressure you will find that when first trying a high pressure feels more comfortable but will wear out the center very quickly. I went from 40, then down to about 36 after 500 miles, then to 32, now at 28--30. At first 28-30 does not feel just right, but you adjust quickly. I run this pressure on the interstate and in the mountains. You normally will feel a difference only around 0--10 mph on pavement that is unlevel. All other times the bike feels normal to me. Just be cautious when stopping at first and all will be ok. Some from other forums have got close to 30k on this tire riding solo.