Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
Shooter, no sweat. Your response about it "Should go in easy" REALLY has helped me out. This is a learning process and the more we share info, the better off we will be. I was thinking this might be my only runflat tire I'll ever put on because it didn't go smoothly with the bike upright. Maybe a run flat is just too tall when inflated and too wide (like you mentioned) when deflated. It still will work but at least for me, on this attempt, I had to remove the left exhaust to get the tire in at about a 75% angle instead of straight up. Thanks to your post, I will definitely lay the bike over next time. I might work on getting a spare rim and have the new tire ready to go in also.

I'm really liking the new tire and it feels great running 40 or 32psi. I just don't know what would be best for max tread life. It leans over very easily and I can't really tell any difference from the mc tires.

Thanks for your responses, Shooter!
Dickie on the air pressure if you aren't a real big guy and you don't ride two up u think think that 32 would work. I run 40 in mine. I weigh 290 and ride with my wife a lot. I gave my Alpin a good hard look Friday and did a tread depth measurement. So far so good. Its wearing flat.