Trying a new Darkside on the B...Bridgestone Driveguard Runflat.

Thread: Trying a new Darkside on the B...Bridgestone Driveguard Runflat.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Wiggy , I've never tried going in from the back like that. I failed to recognize that was the method. Wasn't trying to say you was doing anything wrong. My thought was some bikes may have a little more room in there than others. I've heard Steve mention the bag method but I've never needed it. First time.I did it I put some dish soap on the tire sidewall. It went in so easy that I didn't do anything special the other times. And yeah having the bike up higher makes it easier.
    Shooter, no sweat. Your response about it "Should go in easy" REALLY has helped me out. This is a learning process and the more we share info, the better off we will be. I was thinking this might be my only runflat tire I'll ever put on because it didn't go smoothly with the bike upright. Maybe a run flat is just too tall when inflated and too wide (like you mentioned) when deflated. It still will work but at least for me, on this attempt, I had to remove the left exhaust to get the tire in at about a 75% angle instead of straight up. Thanks to your post, I will definitely lay the bike over next time. I might work on getting a spare rim and have the new tire ready to go in also.

I'm really liking the new tire and it feels great running 40 or 32psi. I just don't know what would be best for max tread life. It leans over very easily and I can't really tell any difference from the mc tires.

Thanks for your responses, Shooter!
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Shooter, no sweat. Your response about it "Should go in easy" REALLY has helped me out. This is a learning process and the more we share info, the better off we will be. I was thinking this might be my only runflat tire I'll ever put on because it didn't go smoothly with the bike upright. Maybe a run flat is just too tall when inflated and too wide (like you mentioned) when deflated. It still will work but at least for me, on this attempt, I had to remove the left exhaust to get the tire in at about a 75% angle instead of straight up. Thanks to your post, I will definitely lay the bike over next time. I might work on getting a spare rim and have the new tire ready to go in also.

I'm really liking the new tire and it feels great running 40 or 32psi. I just don't know what would be best for max tread life. It leans over very easily and I can't really tell any difference from the mc tires.

Thanks for your responses, Shooter!
    Dickie on the air pressure if you aren't a real big guy and you don't ride two up u think think that 32 would work. I run 40 in mine. I weigh 290 and ride with my wife a lot. I gave my Alpin a good hard look Friday and did a tread depth measurement. So far so good. Its wearing flat.

Best Car Tire If Towing a Trailer??

I haul an Aspen camper trailer behind my F6B and wanted to know if anybody who tows a trailer has some advice for me on which car tire works best for my bike. Like many on this forum I owned a Harley Street Glide and tried a regular (non-run flat) car tire but it was downright dangerous when towing because the trailer was wagging the bike. I went back to a motorcycle tire and it towed the trailer with no issues. I had played with many tire pressures but couldn't get it to tow straight.
    Now I am thinking about installing a car tire but don't want to spend the money unless I know it's going to work well. Up here in Canada the best price on a Dunlop motorcycle tire for the F6B is $240.00 where a car tire is closer to $150.00 CAD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dickie on the air pressure if you aren't a real big guy and you don't ride two up u think think that 32 would work. I run 40 in mine. I weigh 290 and ride with my wife a lot. I gave my Alpin a good hard look Friday and did a tread depth measurement. So far so good. Its wearing flat.
    My wife used to ride my Valks all the time. As a Grandma now, I think her riding days are over. She's only 130lbs anyway but hasn't ridden on my B yet---since I bought it last July.
    I'm about 245 and now ride one up--but I wouldn't rule out picking up a pretty female hitchhiker in distress!

I think I'll bump mine up to the 40-42 range and then keep an eye on the center wear.

I did order the FOBO tpm system and should have them Tues. That's going to make me feel much better, especially with the Runflat.
    If my pressure drops even 5psi instantly, I want to get a heads up. I like the idea it even measures tire temp.

Thanks,
    wiggy
    Russ Harris
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!