Highway 95 in Idaho

Thread: Highway 95 in Idaho

Highway 95 in Idaho

Leaving next Friday from East Tennessee for a Wyoming, Montana, Idaho Colorado, New Mexico 18 day ride. Will do some riding, camping, hiking, fishing and enjoying being alone for awhile to think thru the issues of life. With that said, has anyone ridden highway 95 I Idaho and is it scenic or are their other options. I have ridden southern Idaho but not north towards the Canadian border,

Tom

Hwy 95 is not the most scenic. It has chip trucks running up and down and if you get caught behind one they don't let you pass. So if you encounter one, just relax and wait to go around. It can be a busy road up to Couer D'Alene. After that it starts to improve on traffic and scenery. The other choice is in Washington that goes through Spokane. It is similar, just not as many chip trucks. All in all, neither is bad, but neither is anything to write home about.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

SierraKen
    Just rode thru Idaho earlier this week. If you are looking for a great motorcycle road try Idaho 75 N thru Stanley then US 93 N to Lolo MT. That sets you up to ride the Lolopass into Washington if you choose. Beautiful scene as you follow the Salmon River from its head waters down towards the Snake. Was amazed at the beauty and the fun curves. Enjoy..

highway 95

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    Hwy 95 is not the most scenic. It has chip trucks running up and down and if you get caught behind one they don't let you pass. So if you encounter one, just relax and wait to go around. It can be a busy road up to Couer D'Alene. After that it starts to improve on traffic and scenery. The other choice is in Washington that goes through Spokane. It is similar, just not as many chip trucks. All in all, neither is bad, but neither is anything to write home about.

great information...thanks

hwy 95

thanks...I will do some homework on this

Airfreak is right, that is a very nice ride!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Us hwy 12 from Missoula mt over Lolo pass all the way to Lewiston is 1 of my favorite roads from when I used to run over the road.

Quote Originally Posted by airfreek View Post
    Leaving next Friday from East Tennessee for a Wyoming, Montana, Idaho Colorado, New Mexico 18 day ride. Will do some riding, camping, hiking, fishing and enjoying being alone for awhile to think thru the issues of life. With that said, has anyone ridden highway 95 I Idaho and is it scenic or are their other options. I have ridden southern Idaho but not north towards the Canadian border,

Tom
    95's ok. Lots of different topography. Took it south from Coeur d'Alene thru Moscow, Lewisville, Nez Pierce Rez, Riggins to McCall (was traveling back from Banff and Kelowna - CAN); HOWEVER, going North from Boise, Hwy 55 to McCall, to 95 to hwy 13 (Grangeville) then go EAST on hwy 12 (Kooskia) - it's along the Lewis and Clark trail up to LoLo. Exceptionally scenic, peaceful, filled w/ solace.

Hope this helps.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne