What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 96
Page 96 of 126 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    ATGATT......Walked a way with no injures.
    Well done. Glad you are up and about. So, new 2016 in your future?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

ATGATT. Missed a deer in a corner. Ended up going wide. Was on the crash bar when the wheels hit the shoulder. Rear end came around , back on to the road sliding. Bike was sliding completely side ways. Decided it was time to get off before it high sides. High side it did. The B ended up almost up side down in the opposite ditch. We put 2 arm fulls of plastic on the flat bed. The gear did its job. Riding pant on left side are shredded. Luckily I had the liner in the mesh pants. Walked a way with no injures.
    Wow, so happy to hear you have no injuries. I know I get smirks when I wear the gear. It's been hot a couple days here and I'm not going to alter anything. Guys already have told me that I can store the gear in their bags and my answer is simple....it's not about that. You'll replace the bike, as much as it hurt to see it shredded. I went through it after injury, and it feels so good to be riding again....good luck.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

In all fairness that corner my have been trouble. I may or may not have made it with out the deer. The deer sealed my fate. Note to self, leave some thing in reserve. I will admit to some rided error on my part. The tow driver sead in the last 3 weeks he's had 3 deer hits and a Jeep Wrangle that hit and killed a bear.

In all fairness that corner my have been trouble. I may or may not have made it with out the deer. The deer sealed my fate. Note to self, leave some thing in reserve. I will admit to some rided error on my part. The tow driver sead in the last 3 weeks he's had 3 deer hits and a Jeep Wrangle that hit and killed a bear.
    I feel your self doubt concerning that corner. It happens.

I struggle myself with corners; especially ones I can't see around. I had a hard time with the dragon during the last F6B rally. I think going up it would've worked better for me; than going down it.

Really good to hear that you are physically OK. And as 53driver remarked above, when are you going to get back on another Iron Steed?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I need to see what is left over after the insurance company pays off the loan. I'd love to move up to a 15 with cruse. In all likelyhood a used 13 or 14.

I need to see what is left over after the insurance company pays off the loan. I'd love to move up to a 15 with cruise. In all likelihood a used 13 or 14.
    It's a good plan and a way forward.
    There's plenty of good, used, low mileage B's in these forums, and elsewhere.
    Happy hunting!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

What I did today....

And now back to our thread....

Today I continued the mods to Isleen:
    - Rewired the voltmeter to the battery.
    - Hard pointed the Battery Tender pigtail - all these batteries doing strange things scared me....
    - Installed a Whelen ION LED bar up front that moves with the forks. (Similar to what Steve 0080 has....or had.)

Attachment 21274

- Installed an 'older' Whelen TIR3 accessory brake light in "deep format" that actually does go 3 quick flashes then goes steady.

https://youtu.be/V4fW2R5W7nk

Waiting on the USB charging port for the left cubby and a few other enhancements.
    Discovered that I could raise my windscreen up - it was at the lowest setting!
    I want to put some white LED eyebrows on her as well.
    Got the MBL risers to put in....I'm a bit hesitant on those right now - just personal skill level and comfort taking the bike further apart.
    Also reinstalling the Smuggler seat and trunk. I really like that low look in the back.

Having fun with my dear Isleen.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Totaled it.¨L
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Omg dude so sorry. I'm so glad you're safe; I'm so sorry about your bike.

Totaled it.
    Sorry to read about your crash. Happy to read additional posts that you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    - Installed a Whelen ION LED bar up front that moves with the forks. (Similar to what Steve 0080 has....or had.)
    Attachment 21274
    It looks like the ION LED bar is attached to the underside of the front fairing. If so, how does that move with the forks ?
    Ken (Hornblower)