Glacier National Park

Thread: Glacier National Park

Glacier National Park

Although this ride was part of a larger trip that I began in another thread, I couldn't mix Going-To-The-Sun Road with any other rides. It was that spectacular. I was fortunate that the road opened for the season a couple of days before I left for my trip. Attachment 21709Attachment 21710Attachment 21711Attachment 21712Attachment 21713

the sun road

Quote Originally Posted by Necanefan View Post
    Although this ride was part of a larger trip that I began in another thread, I couldn't mix Going-To-The-Sun Road with any other rides. It was that spectacular. I was fortunate that the road opened for the season a couple of days before I left for my trip. Attachment 21709Attachment 21710Attachment 21711Attachment 21712Attachment 21713

i am going that way in a few weeks - which way did you go - east to west or west to east - any pros or cons on either way??

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i am going that way in a few weeks - which way did you go - east to west or west to east - any pros or cons on either way??
    I went from west to east, but I can't imagine either being far from perfection. Every direction you look, at every moment of the ride, you will find moments you will want to remember. I found myself stopping many times. Be sure to watch out for mountain goats on Logan Pass; I saw them there. I also saw a brown bear on the east side.

Fantastic photos ! Thanks for posting them. What a view !

Wow, that is beautiful! We are going to be there next week. Taking the family via train from Boston to Portland with stops in Chicago and Glacier National Park. Riding the open bus for the Going To The Sun road tour. Did it on the bike a couple of years ago, but I recall many construction delays and being more concerned with safe riding than with sightseeing. This time we're going to smell the roses!
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Great photos -- glad you had a fantastic time on Going to the Sun. Betting you'll be heading back that way again some day!

My favorite US Nat. park. Great photos. I too saw the Mnt. goats there, but they were walking into my back country camp site. What a day!

I went from west to east, but I can't imagine either being far from perfection. Every direction you look, at every moment of the ride, you will find moments you will want to remember. I found myself stopping many times. Be sure to watch out for mountain goats on Logan Pass; I saw them there. I also saw a brown bear on the east side.
    Traveled it in both directions. It's absolutely breath taking.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne