2016 Harley-Davidson FLTRUSE - CVO™ Road Glide Ultra meet up - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Harley-Davidson FLTRUSE - CVO™ Road Glide Ultra meet up

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    It could be better the the F6B / Goldwing suspension but I doubt it. So I'm thinking the Harley should be better in some aspects as it costs more than twice as much. I bet Jimmytees stereo sounds Justas good as the Harley CVO, and he didn't spend $20,000 on the stereo. Did he? I hear its pretty nice

.Attachment 21703 Attachment 21704
    The Harley's OEM stereo on their limited and CVO models is far and away better than the OEM stuff on our WIngs. The lower end Ultras and Street Glides etc.. are too, but not as good as the CVOs...etc...

My sound system sounds better, but yes it's all aftermarket. And no, equipment wise, I think I've got around maybe $1200 or so invested in mine.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    The one thing I'd like to say about the Harley's is they are years ahead in throttle technology.They been using fly by wire for years. They are far ahead of the rest of the manufactures on this one.. That's the only real negative I've found my F6B...Throttle cables, Really, talk about dinosaurs, come on Japan get your shit together with fly by wire like the rest of the world. I do miss the fly by wire and cruise control....That being said I'd never go back just for the superior throttle control..I love the F6B power and now the handling since I installed tapered neck bearings......................Dickie
    Took a Harley Dealer to small claims court, and won, ( he credited my account $400) because of the throttle lag on my 2010 Street Glide. Cables don't need software updates, you just change them after a very long yime.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post

Cooling the heads on a CVO is like shooting a water gun at a bonfire.
    I was gonna say pissing on a bonfire , but we will go with yours.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Took a Harley Dealer to small claims court, and won, ( he credited my account $400) because of the throttle lag on my 2010 Street Glide. Cables don't need software updates, you just change them after a very long yime.
    +1 a thousand times over.

My Friend bought a Road King

Very impressive looking bike the wheels are the cats ass and very nice appointments until he started it up, it sat there and shook like a wet dog trying to get rid of the water. Not impressed at all after seeing that.

shooter
    They do shake hard at a red light. I don't see how anything stays bolted to it. When the wife sees one like that she laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The Harley's OEM stereo on their limited and CVO models is far and away better than the OEM stuff on our WIngs. The lower end Ultras and Street Glides etc.. are too, but not as good as the CVOs...etc...

My sound system sounds better, but yes it's all aftermarket. And no, equipment wise, I think I've got around maybe $1200 or so invested in mine.
    And it Should be for $45000.00....You can buy two wings with change back for that much if you shop the right place....Imagine the Stereo you could put on the Wing for 45 grand..................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

shooter
    Since I was a young boy I've always had a thing for motorcycles. At the same time a HD has never blipped my radar. I see 20 of them sitting someplace I never glance at them. I like speed , power , handling , and chrome. Harley only satisfies 1 of those.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    A co-worker of mine has one of these CVO Ultra whatever's. He had one of the first ones from what it sounds like. 20K and the counter weight came off it's taper on the crank, conveniently they claimed it was wear and tear and wouldn't honor his warranty. Wouldn't give him squat on a trade in, so he ended up paying a hefty price for a new motor.
    Having worked as a tech at many Harley dealers, Harley-Davidson Motor Company DOES NOT like to cover warranty repairs. Sometimes the dealership would soak up the cost just to keep a customer. Agreed that Honda could improve on some of their technology, but I'll take my smooth, powerful, quiet, affordable and reliable F6B over any Ultra Classic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Since I was a young boy I've always had a thing for motorcycles. At the same time a HD has never blipped my radar. I see 20 of them sitting someplace I never glance at them. I like speed , power , handling , and chrome. Harley only satisfies 1 of those.
    I got caught up in it all for over 30 years till the day I rode my 2013 Road Glide Custom, with 4000 miles on it, to the Honda Dealer and traded it for my 2013 F6B and for the first time when I stopped at a light my nether regions didn't feel like I was mounted on a Weber Kettle. I still have to dump my Sporster 1200, can't get a decent price for it.