Around Lake Michigan

Thread: Around Lake Michigan

Around Lake Michigan

First trip on the new "B". Going to go around Lake Michigan starting in the Chicago area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Don't miss M119 North of Petoskey, I did that ride last week and really enjoyed it, About 1,000 miles for the circle. U31 out of Traverse City is also a good leg to follow.
    JAYGO

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    First trip on the new "B". Going to go around Lake Michigan starting in the Chicago area.
    ....and when you get back from your first trip, around Lake Superior is an awesome 2nd trip.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    Don't miss M119 North of Petoskey, I did that ride last week and really enjoyed it, About 1,000 miles for the circle. U31 out of Traverse City is also a good leg to follow.
    Thanks . Will look on the map for those roads. Think we'll head to Wisconsin first and try and catch the "Great River Road" up the Mississippi and head over to Ironwood Michigan and then to Mackinaw and back down to Illinois. I'm so stoked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Hello everyone, just got back from my trip around Lake Michigan, WOW, had a great time and great weather all week. Took jaygollner's idea to ride M119 otherwise known as the "tunnel of trees". Thanks for that. Also ran the "Great river Road" up the Mississippi in Wisconsin. The B ran great but I have to look into a different seating arrangement. Holy crap, my backside was on fire after and hour of riding so a lot of stops were on order. Gotta figure something out. If you can take the trip around Lake Michigan and ride the Makinaw bridge by all means do it.
    Attachment 21835Attachment 21836
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Hello everyone, just got back from my trip around Lake Michigan, WOW, had a great time and great weather all week. Took jaygollner's idea to ride M119 otherwise known as the "tunnel of trees". Thanks for that. Also ran the "Great river Road" up the Mississippi in Wisconsin. The B ran great but I have to look into a different seating arrangement. Holy crap, my backside was on fire after and hour of riding so a lot of stops were on order. Gotta figure something out. If you can take the trip around Lake Michigan and ride the Makinaw bridge by all means do it.
    What's not fun, though, is riding over the Mackinaw Bridge in 50mph winds, riding at a 45-degree angle with the wind gusts pushing you out of your lane.... makes the heart pound real fast.

Attachment 21851

They had a car show in Saint Ignace last weekend I passed through there myself. The bridge in the Highwind warnings is not a lot of fun, not a fan of riding the lane with the grate over the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    What's not fun, though, is riding over the Mackinaw Bridge in 50mph winds, riding at a 45-degree angle with the wind gusts pushing you out of your lane.... makes the heart pound real fast.

Attachment 21851
    Holy crap. I was a nice day when I crossed. That had to be an intense crossing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B