Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
I've ridden far over a half-million miles and worn out well over 100 motorcycle tires. I've plugged a few dozen of them and the worst thing that ever happened was that one developed a slow leak. If tire plugs were as dangerous as some have claimed they wouldn't be sold -- the lawyers would see to that!

I recently added TPMS to my F6B and now feel more confident about my tires, plugged or not. BTW, the current rear tire has 2 plugs (!) and the pressure hasn't budged in 3,000 miles. The TPMS unit I bought even shows temperatures so you have an extra bit of information. It's interesting to see how much pressure and temperature increases as you ride.

So back to my original question: has anyone plugged a tire while using Dyna Beads? And if so, did an imbalance result from the beads accumulating around the plug? My current plugged rear is on a spare wheel not using the beads.
You do what you feel OK with, that's totally up to you. I every now and then see triple digits on the speedometer and would never even concider a plugs tire at those speed. That's what I feel OK with, like I said its a personal choice. I just feel better knowing those two pieces of rubber haven't been compromised by something disturbing the construction of the tire. JMHO