Americade 2016 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Americade 2016

I'll be there the 6th, leaving the 9th. Staying at Fort William Henry.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

I will be going up for the day, hope it will be a sunny day. It doesn't matter what day just let me know, I will plan with you guys

Thought I'd re-start this thread as we are getting closer to show time. As some of you may have noticed the show this year doesn't start until Tuesday the 7th. and runs through the 11th.

Our plan is to go up on Wed. and stay until Friday. My cousin, his brother-in-law, and myself have been going up and staying at the Landmark Motel about 8 miles from Lake George. It's a nice place with swimming pools and a hot tub for relaxing after hard days of shopping and riding. More important it's priced right.

Weather permitting I think the best day to meet will be Thursday but it's too early to tell yet. Where to meet would be the next topic open to discussion.

Thursday

How about meeting at the McD in Warrensburg? Its just a couple miles north of Lake George on RT 9. Big parking lot and out of the traffic of Lake George Village? From there we have some great options for rides (28N, Rt 8, VT ferry to name just a few). Just depends on how long a ride we decide on

If it happens to be a clear day, I would be ok meeting at the McDs in Warrensburg on Thursday. Its out of the way enough not to be to crowded. Its the matter of time, I have about 3 hours to get there, I can adjust my leave time to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    If it happens to be a clear day, I would be ok meeting at the McDs in Warrensburg on Thursday. Its out of the way enough not to be to crowded. Its the matter of time, I have about 3 hours to get there, I can adjust my leave time to fit.
    Ok then, late morning/lunchtime? Meet at 11?

Went to Americade a few years ago and was completely blown away
    by just how well done the rally was.
    Had plans to try and go this year but after buying a house I had to put
    my trip to New York on hold.
    Hope y'all have a blast.

Americade riders

I have not been on this site for a while. Just wanted to pass along a ride my Red Knight NY chapter 3 is doing Wednesday of Americda. Welcome to everyone. Meeting at The Lake George Fiehouse and riding approx 100 miles to Saratoga Battlefiled, Cemetry, & Saratoga Monument

Arrive 9ish kick stands up 10 . Lunch is at Schuylerville FD

Americade and the vendor area

Although I plan to ride up Thursday with a couple other bikes, but I will only be able to ride up and walk the vendors, have lunch and ride back home. I have a couple things I'm looking for at the Vendor area.

I will try to meet you folks at 11:00 at the McDs in Warrensburg but just for a "hello, nice to meet you" but not make the planned ride.
    200mi ride up, walking the vendor area, lunch and 200mi back is about all I can do in one day.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    I will be there for the week. Stay in Bolton Landing. So, open to whatever day works best for the rest
    Hey. Vondawg and I enjoyed meeting you last night in Lake George. We had a pretty wet ride home today, but these bikes make it so much better! Enjoy your week.

Moosedog