Hauling in a pick-up
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hauling in a pick-up

Hauling in a pick-up

Good Day To All:

Its been awhile since I have been active on any time of forum so having said that I am getting back into it a bit. I will be at the Annual F6B Rally this year, after all its only a few hours from me and YES they have beautiful roads to ride in that area for sure... I do have a question and that is:: Has anyone ever hauled your F6B using the bed of your truck? And if so possible you could provide a picture or two or explain if this is a good or bad idea. I have a 2015 Ford F-150 and the bed is long enough and I do plan on building some type of platform so that the rear tire is not sitting on the tailgate. My concern is securing the front with tie downs. I see where members come up from the bottom of the fairing to secure the front however, in a pick-up the tie downs are at such a sharp angle this will never work.. Is there a alternate way to secure the front with out going under the fairing? I would like to Thank you in advance for any and all help you maybe able to provide.

Joe

This bike is very long, I personally would rent a motorcycle trailer, they are pretty reasonable to rent.

If you don't have a mounted front tire chock to anchor the little girl - I wouldn't even think about it.
    But, I'm kinda over-protective of my lil' gal.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    If you don't have a mounted front tire chock to anchor the little girl - I wouldn't even think about it.
    But, I'm kinda over-protective of my lil' gal.
    No you're not. You're just smarter than some people. People that haul a bike without a good chock are just an accident waiting to happen. I wouldn't haul it in a truck bed. That's an accident waiting to happen also. The loading and unloading probably. That may not be what the OP wants to hear but its the best advice you will get. Like was said above , rent a trailer.

Having had a accident a while back trying to haul a heavy bike in the rear bed of a Ranger truck, I would listen to those that have posted, and rent a motorcycle trailer, perhaps an enclosed one just to be safe and avoid road debris and rain....JMHO....

I have seen several mishaps loading/unloading bikes in or out of a pick up truck. If I had to transport my bike I would only use a trailer. The U-haul bike specific trailers are well designed and relatively cheap to rent. If your only a few hours away from the event the time and risk you take trying to get that bike in and out of your truck isn't worth the effort, if that were my two choices I would ride it there. (IMHO of course)
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Hauling in a pick-up

It's tempting and can be done, but so can txting and drinking while driving . Why take the chance. I put 200lbs dirt bikes all the time but a $20,000 , 800 lbs wing not the best idea. Good luck hope you're not blurb on You Tube

That video is so funny.. Love it... I won't be using any of those methods for sure... As for loading and un-loading there is a ditch I back in and its a straight drive onto the bed, its the same level.. After reading the comments not sure I will attempt it at all. Strapping it in is the main problem I believe I will have.. As for a trailer, you guys make very strong points for sure, I may have to just do that.. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to future conversations. Joe

I put my fatboy in shortbed pickup several times As well as some sport bikes. I would not try it with this beast as its to long . I only did it because i have a built up front lawn so im only 10" off ground with barely any angle going in or out.