Every summer since retirement I have taken a month in the summer and headed out on the open road solo. A few years ago I purchased an Aspen camper trailer which probably weighs around 500 lbs. when loaded. My first year with the trailer I was on a Harley Street Glide and needing a new rear tire I decided to try a car tire. I purchased a Michelin Primacy MXV4 205/55 R16. When I tried towing the trailer the trailer was wagging back and forth and was extremely dangerous over 30 mph. I played with tire pressures but couldn't fix the problem. I put a new motorcycle tire on and the problem was solved instantly. It rode straight as an arrow.
I have owned the F6B, a far superior bike, for the past three years and now I need another rear tire. I want to buy a CT but don't want to spend the money unless I can be sure that I won't have this problem again. Up here in Canada a Dunlop tire for the Wing is $270 with tax and a CT is half that price and lasts twice as long.
Does anyone have any experience or advice on what I should do? I also wonder if the Michelin 205/55 R16 would fit my Honda.