Anyone familiar with NW Mass, SW VT roads - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with NW Mass, SW VT roads

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Maine right now.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Well I was released from my Sunday obligation, but now being too late to put the Wahoo ride back together I will chase a couple friends to some little town in Mass. Anyone ever heard of Fall River
    wjduke ... maybe you know of it !!!!

Were going to Battleship Cove to wander around the big boats. I am not leading the ride so I don't know what routes he plans to take but I am guessing we will be running up thru Providence, and not thru Newport.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Well I was released from my Sunday obligation, but now being too late to put the Wahoo ride back together I will chase a couple friends to some little town in Mass. Anyone ever heard of Fall River
    wjduke ... maybe you know of it !!!!

Were going to Battleship Cove to wander around the big boats. I am not leading the ride so I don't know what routes he plans to take but I am guessing we will be running up thru Providence, and not thru Newport.
    Who wants to ride in their own back yard...not this guy! We may cross paths, because I might do the wahoo ride anyway, with Teach and maybe anyone else. Have fun in the 5th worse city to live in, in the nation, according to USA Today! That's bullcrap btw...imho

Maybe this ride can be on a different weekend. We can plan it when everyone can be there. It sounds like a nice one. I'm looking in another direction this weekend. Basically, I'm saying I'm out, that's all.

I still plan to do the Wahoo ride, I just couldn't do it this weekend as I had planned. I am looking at either the 24th or the 7th.

I should know by Monday.

I still plan to do the Wahoo ride, I just couldn't do it this weekend as I had planned. I am looking at either the 24th or the 7th.

I should know by Monday.
    I'm in for either date.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'm in for either date.
    As of now I'm planning the 24th.
    Meet in Danbury at 8AM and head up RT22 and across Rt9 through Bennington VT, after a "Wahoo" lunch ride down RT100 and RT8 through MA back into CT.

Let me know if you want to meet along the way, or come across to the starting point. It is a bit over 3 hours without stops and depending on how many come along I will have at least 2 stops along the way. That should get us there right about Noon.

I will also start a new thread for the ride for any others that are interested.

As of now I'm planning the 24th.
    Meet in Danbury at 8AM and head up RT22 and across Rt9 through Bennington VT, after a "Wahoo" lunch ride down RT100 and RT8 through MA back into CT.

Let me know if you want to meet along the way, or come across to the starting point. It is a bit over 3 hours without stops and depending on how many come along I will have at least 2 stops along the way. That should get us there right about Noon.

I will also start a new thread for the ride for any others that are interested.
    I'll probably do the whole route Dan...make a day of it. The more miles the merrier for me. Will be watching. I'm headed to NY today.

I think you're missing out on a nice ride by not going towards Brattleboro after lunch at Wahoos. It might be worth doing and then turn around and run it in the opposite direction back to 100. Just a few miles up the road from Wahoo's is Hog Back Mountain and some nice views.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I think you're missing out on a nice by not going towards Brattleboro after lunch at Wahoos. It might be worth doing and then turn around and run it in the opposite direction back to 100. Just a few miles up the road from Wahoo's is Hog Back Mountain and some nice views.

I honestly appreciate the info, and I could spend all day up there riding beautiful roads (Rt9, 2, 112 and the list goes on and on) but can only cover so much in a day. The ride is over 300miles itself (start & end in Danbury CT) not including the miles traveled to get to and from the ride. Some 40 or 50 miles and some like wjduke will cover 170mi or so just to show up at the start ...