Another New F6B Owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another New F6B Owner

Another New F6B Owner

Going to pick up my new 2016 F6B Deluxe, Matte Grey on Thursday! Haven't had a new bike since my 1987 Electroglide Classic. Currently on a 1994 GL1500 A with 95K on the clock. Still runs like new. I am purchasing my Last bike! Was really looking at the Indian Chieftain, really love the look and sound of those, but once I started to read the forums and the issues the owners are having I changed my mind after finding out that Honda finally put the cruise control on them. Been ridding dressers since 1985, when I bought a Suzuki Cavalcade. I do all the work on my bikes so no issues with repairs, but when I really started to think about what I would have to worry about with the Indian, I changed my mind back to the wing. I know This will run forever and won't have to worry about any issues creeping up on me. I've been on bikes now for 42 years and ride all the time. This bike is just right what I was looking for, even though I've had dressers, both wives and ex fiance' never rode much on the back. So heck with a back passenger comfort and hello "Bagger". I was on Steve Saunders goldwing site, so it's nice to find a forum dedicated to the F6B.
    Thanks everyone and looking forward to see where 2017 meet will be!
    Tim

Welcome aboard

Congrats on the buy. Just picked mine up 3 weeks ago. Love it!

Welcome to the forum

All kinds of info here and there are no stupid questions as someone always seem to have the answer your looking for. I see you chose the fastest color as I am a Matte Silver Deluxe owner mine is a 2015 and just crack 10,000 miles the other day. Best ride on the planet and the most fun you can have with your clothes on.......

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    Going to pick up my new 2016 F6B Deluxe, Matte Grey on Thursday! Haven't had a new bike since my 1987 Electroglide Classic. Currently on a 1994 GL1500 A with 95K on the clock. Still runs like new. I am purchasing my Last bike! Was really looking at the Indian Chieftain, really love the look and sound of those, but once I started to read the forums and the issues the owners are having I changed my mind after finding out that Honda finally put the cruise control on them. Been ridding dressers since 1985, when I bought a Suzuki Cavalcade. I do all the work on my bikes so no issues with repairs, but when I really started to think about what I would have to worry about with the Indian, I changed my mind back to the wing. I know This will run forever and won't have to worry about any issues creeping up on me. I've been on bikes now for 42 years and ride all the time. This bike is just right what I was looking for, even though I've had dressers, both wives and ex fiance' never rode much on the back. So heck with a back passenger comfort and hello "Bagger". I was on Steve Saunders goldwing site, so it's nice to find a forum dedicated to the F6B.
    Thanks everyone and looking forward to see where 2017 meet will be!
    Tim
    Congratulations and welcome aboard.

Welcome Tim!
    Truly an amazing machine.
    Do yourself a favor and dig into these forum threads deep.
    Check out the one
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...owner%2C+thing

...and please check your final drive oil level!

Also, if you can make it, our rally is in Arkansas this year.

Cheers!
    Steve

My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

to the board !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Welcome to the party!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Congratulations...
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Welcome to the site! You made the right choice. I had the exact same choice to make last July with the same 2 bikes. Now 10k miles later I know I made the right one!
    I'm not sure where Abbotstown, Pa. is (hope I spelled that right) It's a shame you missed last weeks ride. We had 13 f6b's from this site riding the hills of the Pocono's.(see NE meet and greet thread) It gave us all a chance to see, talk about and try a lot of the available addition for our bikes. Not that your going to add anything to your new bike. That was a joke boy.
    We are currently working on 2 possible rides one down to the Gettysburg Rally on 7/9 and the other out to see the Pa. elks on the weekend of 8/20.

Hope to meet at a future ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Welcome to the site! You made the right choice. I had the exact same choice to make last July with the same 2 bikes. Now 10k miles later I know I made the right one!
    I'm not sure where Abbotstown, Pa. is (hope I spelled that right) It's a shame you missed last weeks ride. We had 13 f6b's from this site riding the hills of the Pocono's.(see NE meet and greet thread) It gave us all a chance to see, talk about and try a lot of the available addition for our bikes. Not that your going to add anything to your new bike. That was a joke boy.
    We are currently working on 2 possible rides one down to the Gettysburg Rally on 7/9 and the other out to see the Pa. elks on the weekend of 8/20.

Hope to meet at a future ride.
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Looking forward to future rides, maybe the one on 8/20 i'm free. Working during bike week of Gettysburg Bike Week, By the way Abbottstown is only 15 miles from Gettysburg. I volunteered 5 years in a row there. All Harley vendors there, not much else, sometime they have good bands, at least 3 years ago they had Charlie Daniels band there, that was the best. Looking forward to meeting up with you all, Let me know about the 8/20 ride!
    Tim