Utopia F6B Back Rest reviews?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utopia F6B Back Rest reviews?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Utopia F6B Back Rest reviews?

I am considering getting a Utopia back rest (pic attached). Is anyone familiar with it? Is it fairly easy to install?

Thanks
    Attachment 21870.

The hard part is getting past the part of plunging a long knife into your seat. Measure 2,3 time then measure again. In reality getting the seat off the bike IS the biggest part of the job.

You're a little over a 2 hour ride from a forum member who is selling a stock seat with a Utopia backrest installed. Perhaps he'll chime in......

Back rest install

Quote Originally Posted by DocF6B View Post
    I am considering getting a Utopia back rest (pic attached). Is anyone familiar with it? Is it fairly easy to install?

Thanks
    Attachment 21870.
    Just a reminder; you are missing out on a ton of info in our deep and knowledgable "search" I just typed in what you were looking for in adv. search and there is a lot of hits...going way back (it's been discussed more than a few times) here's just one...

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...ckrest+install

I've been happy with mine...the way it folds down for instance to throw a leg over and never has water ever penetrated where the bracket enters.

Utopia back rest.

Hey there,
    Installation was not too bad. Hard part was matching "finding the holes" after you insert the back rest. I got my mustang seat coming, if I like it better I will be selling my stock seat with or with out the back rest.

I feel the back rest pushing you forward, I've put the risers on and went 17 clicks on the rear shock. Still get numb butt/sore low back.

I have a Utopia driver's backrest and love it. The dealer installed mine, so I'd have to say it was easy... for me at least.

Love it.

Yes I have the Utopia backrest fitted, like others it was fitted for me, but I love it

f6bshine.jpg
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

If your interested I have one for sale already installed. The Backrest is brand new I just decided to go a different route and bought a Corbin.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...a-Backrest-350

Dan
    Danbury CT
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I love mine!

Quote Originally Posted by DocF6B View Post

Thanks
    Attachment 21870.
    I have had one on for 13,000 miles and love it. Only one problem - after a few thousand miles the small (1/4-20) mounting bolts sheared off. I just drilled the bolt holes out to take a 5/16" bolt and the problem was permanently solved.

Thanks I will have to remember that if I have the same problem.