New F6B Owners - Here's some collected gouge to get you going. Updated: 21 Aug 2019 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New F6B Owners - Here's some collected gouge to get you going. Updated: 21 Aug 2019

Quote Originally Posted by oldxtreme View Post
    Thanks for the overview of what to do and not to do with my new F6B! Just getting off the VTX 1800C with over 80,000 miles on it.. Still running strong so I kept it...no used bike value but worth a lot to me!

Glad to see Big Larry's on this F6B site. Great guy and I memorized most of his threads on VTXOA. That is why after 80,000 miles my X is only getting it broken in.

Got to say, the only thing similar between the VTX and the F6B is that they both have two wheels! Sort'a like the difference between boots and slippers. You gotta have both!

Great site!
    Nice to see you here to old friend. I still have several VTX1800 and wheel and deal on used X parts, along with a few Runes and my fav ride the F6B. There is a wealth of great info on this site with some people who have done it all when it comes to mods on the F6B, just ask.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Is that a 1966 S-90?

Big Larry, Is that a Honda S-90 you are wheeling on? The S-90 was my first motorcycle experience. At the time I thought it was super fast, responsive and easy to pick up after crashes! I have a few VTX questions for you. Are you still on California VTX Riders site?

Big Larry, Is that a Honda S-90 you are wheeling on? The S-90 was my first motorcycle experience. At the time I thought it was super fast, responsive and easy to pick up after crashes! I have a few VTX questions for you. Are you still on California VTX Riders site?
    First I must confess, although it looks a hell of a lot like me, that is NOT me in the pic and yes the bike is a Honda S-90.
    Yes, I am still on the Calif VTX Riders site since I own and run it. http://www.californiavtxriders.com

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Lesson Learned the Hard Way and ended up in the ER

Just laid down my brand new bike,,,on top of my foot, The passenger peg, which was in the up position dug into my ankle. I was home along and the only way I could get free was to drag my ankle out from under the bike, Doing that, the peg stripped the flesh off my ankle, down to the tendon and bone. While waiting in the ER last night to have things stitched back together, I had time to analyze what went wrong.

Here is what happened:

I parked on a very slight slope, facing down...and I mean VERY slight just so the water will drain away from the house. I sifted into neutral as always before turning off the bike,,,like I have done with the five other bikes I have owed.

When I stared to dismount, the bike started rolling forward and pushed the side stand backward.

Since I was leaning to the left while dismounting the bike leaned left after the side stand moved up. Once the lean gets more than 15/20 degrees there is no way to recover, It is going to GO down!

What I learned the hard way

1, Never park with the bike pointing "down slope", no matter how slight!

2. Shift back into 1st Gear before dismounting.

Of course, I could go to an aftermarket side stand which is shorted and will give more lean to the bike when parked but the downside is it will be more difficult to pull it back into he riding position.

Thanks Steve! The info is great. My F6B, Black Betty, is 2013 and we rode about 350 miles today in the Blue Ridge Mtn. Black Betty on the Parkway.jpg

Never park in neutral. Put the side stand down while in gear and the bike will shut off. This way less chance it will roll away even if on a slight decline or incline. Hope for a speedy and good recovery.

Just laid down my brand new bike,,,on top of my foot, The passenger peg, which was in the up position dug into my ankle. I was home along and the only way I could get free was to drag my ankle out from under the bike, Doing that, the peg stripped the flesh off my ankle, down to the tendon and bone. While waiting in the ER last night to have things stitched back together, I had time to analyze what went wrong.

Here is what happened:

I parked on a very slight slope, facing down...and I mean VERY slight just so the water will drain away from the house. I sifted into neutral as always before turning off the bike,,,like I have done with the five other bikes I have owed.

When I stared to dismount, the bike started rolling forward and pushed the side stand backward.

Since I was leaning to the left while dismounting the bike leaned left after the side stand moved up. Once the lean gets more than 15/20 degrees there is no way to recover, It is going to GO down!

What I learned the hard way

1, Never park with the bike pointing "down slope", no matter how slight!

2. Shift back into 1st Gear before dismounting.

Of course, I could go to an aftermarket side stand which is shorted and will give more lean to the bike when parked but the downside is it will be more difficult to pull it back into he riding position.

Whenever I click on the links I get taken to pages not related to what they should be. Can someone fix the links, please?

Looks like that’s probably the result of when the forum was migrated to a new server. Also lost the capability to search the old forum.

Quote Originally Posted by porky133 View Post
    Whenever I click on the links I get taken to pages not related to what they should be. Can someone fix the links, please?
    1000 pardons.
    I will add that to my list of things to attend to now that I'm back.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Excellent post, since I'm a newbie here, I used the search for LgJhn's air intake modification and even checked his profile posts to find it, I think it's gone?