New Corbin seat and backrest mounted
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Corbin seat and backrest mounted

New Corbin seat and backrest mounted

I just put on the new Corbin. Rock hard at this point, as expected. Going to let the wife try out the passenger backrest to see if it is her liking. I put in a driver backrest that I already had, hense the leather mismatch.

As a side note to BikeMp3 if you stumble across this. Do you think your new rear rack will work for this application?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great!

So what texture/color did you select?

I went with Asphalt vinyl for the sides and Black Bomber leather for the seating surfaces. It is a very soft material with a little dark gray marbleing. I played around with the idea of orange piping and threading, but they never seem to wear well and dirty easily.

I have had my Corbin for a few weeks now and love it.I did some good miles on it yesterday doing Roar To The Shore Wildwwod and it was great.The
    stock seat killed my ass so I am very happy the Corbin and my ass are liking each other.
    Ride it like you stole it

I agree with Rich. Had my Corbin for two months now and I am happy with it. Haven't had a chance to do any long days in it but I've done plenty of 100+ days and I'm fine. My wife loves the huge backrest that gets mounted to the Honda hardware.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Seating position?

I'd like to hear some comments on the seating position of the Corbin vs the stock. I've got a 30" inseam and can't quite get both feet flat on the ground due to the wideness of the OEM. Is the Corbin any narrower and a shorter reach to the ground?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by billv45 View Post
    I'd like to hear some comments on the seating position of the Corbin vs the stock. I've got a 30" inseam and can't quite get both feet flat on the ground due to the wideness of the OEM. Is the Corbin any narrower and a shorter reach to the ground?
    cheers
    Not my Corbin.I am 6' 2" and I am flat footed but you might have a problem.
    Ride it like you stole it

I also have a 30" inseam. It seems just like the stock to me as far as reach. If I am pushed back in e seat I am on about 2/3 of my foot. If I scoot forward just a bit to get my butt out of the well, then I'm am lat feet.

I barely have a 31" inseam. I will admit that when I come to a stop I might have to move forward but it's not an issue for me. I'm more interested how comfortable I am when I'm moving.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Corbin seat

My Corbin seat is at ups office will be at my house Monday I post pics soon.