New Corbin seat and backrest mounted - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Corbin seat and backrest mounted

Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corbin seat

I Got mine installed,now I need a passenger back rest.

The seat looks great
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Corbin dual tour seat. Are they custom made tailored to the rider(+ pillion) or are they all made with the same specs?

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    The Corbin dual tour seat. Are they custom made tailored to the rider(+ pillion) or are they all made with the same specs?
    I think they are all the same with the exception of your leather choice. My wife is not very happy with the back rest. Neither one in the passenger position will tilt far enough forward to make contact with her back. She would have to recline in a very uncomfortable position to use it properly. I have talked to Corbin and their solution is to add more passing and over stuff it. That doesn't sound very visually appealing.

For all you short-inseam guys.. I have a 26" inseam, and the prototype that Mike made for me is working just fine. This seat is about as skinny and low as they can go. Yes, it's the smuggler seat, but the back seat is modular; you can just order that instead of the trunk. My back pad is thicker too so it will contact my lower back better. Corbin can also do the same for the touring seat, just tell them you want it as cut down as the prototype they made for me.

Please don't spook the road-sheep.

That looks the business MSGT-R!

With the smuggler version, does the pillion have the choice of using a back rest too? I am beginning to like the smuggler version but if it cannot accommodate a backrest for the pillion, I will opt for the Dual Tour seat instead. It is no fun riding the F6B with a pillion behind holding on to you for dear life!

Your bike looks amazing MSGT-R. That seat and trunk are really cool.

MSGT-R that seat is very cool !
    Mine is a little wide when I stop
    But fine when riding would love to get mine a little narrower.

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    That looks the business MSGT-R!

With the smuggler version, does the pillion have the choice of using a back rest too? I am beginning to like the smuggler version but if it cannot accommodate a backrest for the pillion, I will opt for the Dual Tour seat instead. It is no fun riding the F6B with a pillion behind holding on to you for dear life!
    Yeah, the back seat section comes with the hole to insert a back rest, or you can put the factory one on. The Smuggler trunk covers the mounting points for that backrest (I think it uses them to hold it on). It's all modular.

To me, the seat is still wide, but not as wide as the stocker. This bike is a lot larger than my GL1100 and any other Honda I've owned (or now own). Corbin skinnied it down right behind the seat-horn section, right where you'd put your feet down, without affecting the butt section. Can't get it any skinnier than that, because of the seat pan design.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.