3 dealerships and no luck yet on a trade in - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 dealerships and no luck yet on a trade in

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    My current ride is a 2015 Indian Chief Vintage but ever since the F6B was introduced, somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking about it. I contacted 3 dealers in the past couple of weeks. Dealer 1, a local shop told me they have no market for my Indian and wouldn't take it in trade. Dealer 2, out of state and no reply to my request. Dealer 3, out of state and a Honda/Indian dealer, no reply to my request. Crazy that there are new 2013,14,15,16's F6B's out there and yet there isn't a market for a 2015 Indian? Looks like I'll be keeping my Indian for awhile!
    What are you looking for?I have a 13 with less than 2000 miles on it.im in Decatur,il.how many miles on Indian?i also am waiting on Illinois to get me the tittle.

shooter
    Dude , with all respect no dealer is gonna deal over the phone on something like that. You have a nice bike. Take it in personally so they can see what you have. Most salesmen aren't riders. They have no clue. Each dealership has one guy that is knowledgeable. When that guy sees your bike he will know how serious you are. I know it involves some time but it will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1969 View Post
    What are you looking for?I have a 13 with less than 2000 miles on it.im in Decatur,il.how many miles on Indian?i also am waiting on Illinois to get me the tittle.
    Hi Anthony,

I'm leaning towards a 2015. My Indian has 1800 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dude , with all respect no dealer is gonna deal over the phone on something like that. You have a nice bike. Take it in personally so they can see what you have. Most salesmen aren't riders. They have no clue. Each dealership has one guy that is knowledgeable. When that guy sees your bike he will know how serious you are. I know it involves some time but it will work for you.
    I understand what you're saying but I work everyday and don't have a lot of free time. Driving from dealer to dealer to dealer in my free time isn't what I want to do. I don't expect a " deal " over the phone. Call me crazy but what I do expect is the common courtesy of answering an inquiry that I send through a dealer website. Not hard to hit reply and say we're not interested in your trade or your trade is worth x and the price of ours is x..

Quote Originally Posted by Ernht 3 View Post
    Another place to try is Nielsen in Lake Villa. They are fairly big and sell about everything.
    Thanks! I looked at them last week.

Hi Anthony,

I'm leaning towards a 2015. My Indian has 1800 miles on it.
    I sent you a PM

I understand what you're saying but I work everyday and don't have a lot of free time. Driving from dealer to dealer to dealer in my free time isn't what I want to do. I don't expect a " deal " over the phone. Call me crazy but what I do expect is the common courtesy of answering an inquiry that I send through a dealer website. Not hard to hit reply and say we're not interested in your trade or your trade is worth x and the price of ours is x..
    I understand your frustration, but if your not willing to ride from dealer to dealer to show them the bike first-hand, and that your serious about making a deal, I doubt you will find much success...No offense, but it sounds to me like your really not ready to deal and are just shopping for now???...In any event, good luck in your plans....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I understand your frustration, but if your not willing to ride from dealer to dealer to show them the bike first-hand, and that your serious about making a deal, I doubt you will find much success...No offense, but it sounds to me like your really not ready to deal and are just shopping for now???...In any event, good luck in your plans....Ride safe
    +1

As a dealer myself (not motorcycle) I get e-mail requests constantly and almost all are just fishing for a deal and sending out a request to multiple dealers. Some even show the mass mailing list in their e-mail. And almost every one is a waste of time for me. Granted I may miss out on that .01% that does want to make a deal but I will have wasted way too much time on trying to answer the others. So I am also guilty of not making them a priority. Walk in or at least take time to call and show you have a real interest.
    My suggestion is to at least call Dealers and speak with someone. A friendly voice goes a long way in our instant message world.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

We all have opinions that's what makes us who we are. Thanks to those of you who pointed out a few dealers that I hadn't heard of. I appreciate it! Ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I have bought and traded plenty of cars and bikes over the phone with various dealers.just the other day I made a deal with Woodstock Harley over the phone with a trade involved