3 dealerships and no luck yet on a trade in - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3 dealerships and no luck yet on a trade in

What is it about the F6B that you prefer? Or better, what is it about the Indian that you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Freddels View Post
    What is it about the F6B that you prefer? Or better, what is it about the Indian that you don't like?

My problem is I like ALL motorcycles, but I can only have one at a time. I bought 5 new Victory's from 2008 to 2014. The Indian is my first and there isn't really anything I dislike about it and I haven't ridden a F6B yet. There's just something about it that has had my interest for awhile now. In my mind the F6B engine and suspension would be smooth as glass.

The engine, the ride is so smooth, the handling is incredible. I rode my bike to work the other day, and few minutes before quiting I went to start it. My Co worker ask me why are you starting your bike, I said it takes about a minute to idle down,and I don't have to worry about it overheating because of it being water-cooled and it has fans. This bike could sit there all day running without a problem. The cleanablity of the bike is just awesome. No more polishing this and that, wipe it down with a damp rag and follow it with a dry one. Reliability, we'll it's a Honda enough said, very low maintenance. This is why I went from Harley to Goldwing.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1969 View Post
    I have bought and traded plenty of cars and bikes over the phone with various dealers.just the other day I made a deal with Woodstock Harley over the phone with a trade involved
    I have also. But it was with a Dealership and salesman that I had a relationship with. I.E. I had bought there before. I own an automotive shop. I get a half dozen or so requests for phone estimate of repairs daily. Its a waste of time. Sometimes said estimate takes 30 minutes to complete. You get maybe 5% of those to repair. Problem is very seldom does the caller know what is really wrong with their vehicle. Its hard to give a guy a price on his bike till you see it. His opinion of his bike and yours will probably differ.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I have also. But it was with a Dealership and salesman that I had a relationship with. I.E. I had bought there before. I own an automotive shop. I get a half dozen or so requests for phone estimate of repairs daily. Its a waste of time. Sometimes said estimate takes 30 minutes to complete. You get maybe 5% of those to repair. Problem is very seldom does the caller know what is really wrong with their vehicle. Its hard to give a guy a price on his bike till you see it. His opinion of his bike and yours will probably differ.
    When I call the dealers I send pictures of the bike or car.most of the time the know your not trading in junk or dented up.and also I always have warrenty left on vehicle.