Throttle Lock
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Lock

Throttle Lock

Can anyone offer up some advise or personal experience with an aftermarket throttle lock for the F6B with heated grips, primarily brand / model number.... I searched one and found that it was not for heated grips!... THX

TruBlu
    2013 F6B / black

Im looking at the omni-cruise. Its says it fits all sizes and has good reviews.
    http://www.omni-cruise.com/

I use Kaoko Throttle Lock. Works like a champ, Easy 5 minute or less to install and adjust, looks like it could have come from the factory with it.

Mfg PN HND31. It comes with two endcap plastic washers...one for bikes with heated grips, one without.

Similar products are Throttlemeister and BrakeAway. (around the same price range)

Install is a removal of your current end cap, press in the prongs holding the weight into the bar and remove, then push in the throttle lock, tighten the bolt til snug and use the small hex key to adjust the pressure. There are a number of less costly options that I've seen work with the heated grips, like Go Cruise, VistaCruise, Kuryakyn, crampbuster, Omnicruise, but not sure they were intended for use on them.

these look like really good options... THX

I really like the Throttlemeister. Looks good, doesn't clutter the handlebars (they are a bar end replacement) beautifully made, can be adjusted while engaged, easy to override...way to go for me. http://throttlemeister.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    I really like the Throttlemeister. Looks good, doesn't clutter the handlebars (they are a bar end replacement) beautifully made, can be adjusted while engaged, easy to override...way to go for me. http://throttlemeister.com/
    +1 for Throttlemeister.

I installed breakaway. The reason that I like it is its ergonomics. I do not have to shift my hand on the throttle to engage or disengage it.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

I have used the KAOKO after trying all the others and find it to be the easiest install and its' ease of use becomes second nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I installed breakaway. The reason that I like it is its ergonomics. I do not have to shift my hand on the throttle to engage or disengage it.
    +1 works great and I like the way it will disengage with a pull on the brake if needed.005.jpg003.jpg001.jpg

If I hadn't of gotten a 15 I would be looking into an Atlas throttle lock, great reviews.