Throttle Lock
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Lock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I really like the Throttlemeister. Looks good, doesn't clutter the handlebars (they are a bar end replacement) beautifully made, can be adjusted while engaged, easy to override...way to go for me. http://throttlemeister.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    I really like the Throttlemeister. Looks good, doesn't clutter the handlebars (they are a bar end replacement) beautifully made, can be adjusted while engaged, easy to override...way to go for me. http://throttlemeister.com/
    +1 for Throttlemeister.

I installed breakaway. The reason that I like it is its ergonomics. I do not have to shift my hand on the throttle to engage or disengage it.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

I have used the KAOKO after trying all the others and find it to be the easiest install and its' ease of use becomes second nature.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I have used the KAOKO after trying all the others and find it to be the easiest install and its' ease of use becomes second nature.
    +1
    The Kaoko is better than the OEM cruise control.

2kewlgypsy
    My wife and I both use the GoCruise aluminum one that is adjustable. It can be used on different bars, and if it slips, you just tighten one click. When its new, I had to click it down a couple of times to get it right, rides on a wide rubber band, so doesn't mark up the grips (I have heated, with the clam shell design covers.
    2~kewl

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    My wife and I both use the GoCruise aluminum one that is adjustable. It can be used on different bars, and if it slips, you just tighten one click. When its new, I had to click it down a couple of times to get it right, rides on a wide rubber band, so doesn't mark up the grips (I have heated, with the clam shell design covers.
    2~kewl
    I run the exact same thing with the same heated grips and I love its simplicity, and ease of use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    2~kewl
    I have same setup... love it.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    +1
    The Kaoko is better than the OEM cruise control.
    I agree, instead of clicking down or up one MPH at a time, for let's say a 5 or 10 MPH change, you get good enough to where you know the exact amount of travel on the throttle to get there in a split second. The biggest mistake I've seen people who have it and have problems with it is they try and accelerate up to the speed they want THEN engage the friction which is bass ackwards. The easiest way is to get around the speed you want, engage the friction, then adjust to the exact speed.

ok what you and gypsy say makes sense. . .