Throttle Lock - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Lock

I just got back from a long trip using the simple Crampbuster throttle control, while it certainly lived up to its name it sure feels like it will interfere slightly in emergency stops.
    If I wipe out because of a fraction of a second delay due to the Crampbuster getting in my way then that's on me for being cheap on the wrong accessories.
    Thanks for all of these suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    My wife and I both use the GoCruise aluminum one that is adjustable. It can be used on different bars, and if it slips, you just tighten one click. When its new, I had to click it down a couple of times to get it right, rides on a wide rubber band, so doesn't mark up the grips (I have heated, with the clam shell design covers.
    2~kewl
    I run the exact same thing with the same heated grips and I love its simplicity, and ease of use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I have a brand new never opened BreakAway Cruise Control that will fit the F6B non-heated grips, 7CP05. I'd be willing to sell them to whoever is interested. They retail for $179.99 but I'd let them go for $155. Let me know if you're interested.

Keep It Simple

IMHO the Go-Cruise doesn't get any easier! Why complicate things when a inexpensive, simple device will "out shine" other "more complicated" mechanical throttle locks. With ease of installation and adjustment, the Go-Cruise does the trick. Some have experienced some "slipping" of the arm, but that is easily cured by thoroughly cleaning the "rubber band" with alcohol. I installed two Nitril O-Rings, one on each side of the arm which removed any lateral movement. That said the GC has worked flawlessly over the last three years.

100_0799.jpg100_0798.jpg

I had the GC and agree it is as simple as it gets, however, every time you accelerate you have to adjust the unit back down onto the brake handle to stabilize. Not a big deal but here in the city where speeds vary the fact that the KAOKO always has friction on it, whether accelerating or decelerating eliminates 2 moves to 1. Other than that it is as simple as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    IMHO the Go-Cruise doesn't get any easier! Why complicate things when a inexpensive, simple device will "out shine" other "more complicated" mechanical throttle locks. With ease of installation and adjustment, the Go-Cruise does the trick. Some have experienced some "slipping" of the arm, but that is easily cured by thoroughly cleaning the "rubber band" with alcohol. I installed two Nitril O-Rings, one on each side of the arm which removed any lateral movement. That said the GC has worked flawlessly over the last three years.

Attachment 22136Attachment 22137
    Oooo the o-rings is a good idea to remove lateral movement. I'm going to have to try this, I was ready to give up on the Go-Cruise, and I'm using it with the Kury ISO clam-shell grips.

Where can you get the nitril o-rings and do they come in different ID, or are they stretchy enough to fit over the ISO grips?

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Oooo the o-rings is a good idea to remove lateral movement. I'm going to have to try this, I was ready to give up on the Go-Cruise, and I'm using it with the Kury ISO clam-shell grips.

Where can you get the nitril o-rings and do they come in different ID, or are they stretchy enough to fit over the ISO grips?
    Here's the post on the Go-Cruise improvement tip

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...mprovement-Tip

Here's the post on the Go-Cruise improvement tip

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...mprovement-Tip
    Thanks

Attachment 22136Attachment 22137
    Yep, same set up and had the same amount of time. The Nitrile O-rings are the way to stop any lateral movement. You can also get the O-ring in black if you prefer, but I like the yellow.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    My wife and I both use the GoCruise aluminum one that is adjustable. It can be used on different bars, and if it slips, you just tighten one click. When its new, I had to click it down a couple of times to get it right, rides on a wide rubber band, so doesn't mark up the grips (I have heated, with the clam shell design covers.
    2~kewl
    I have same setup... love it.