I have friends that are cops, all of them tell me that some of the rumors are true. They look at people differently. they treat people differently. this is based on how people treat each other and the police. how it was explained to me: If you patrol, and see all walks of life for a period of time, you see patterns. Patterns of behavior that are consistent through every race. the stereotypes are true, Whites usually think they did nothing wrong, and are dismissive but will obey commands. Asians are most likely to drive poorly and will be ashamed when challenged, hispanics are afraid, and will most likely lie. African americans will be the hardest to deal with, as they, EVEN when wrong, will fight you and lie, they fight most often and will run most often.

They go on to say, now, when you deal with this day in and day out, for years, you develop techniques to deal with each person sometimes, you go in with compassion, sometimes force. that's the way it is.

The solution? well that's easy to answer. the cops treat people differently, because they are treated differently. It comes down to personal responsibility. Act the same and you will be treated the same!

Don't do crime, and if you do get caught, then man up!

I was taught during a stop to turn on the lights, if needed, treat the officer with respect, as you did something wrong. In the south you announce that you have a permit to carry and keep your hands in plain view! move when instructed to.

it baffles me when people run from cops, or fight them. I feel guilty calling out the behavior of other folks, as a white guy i'm told it's "white privilege" which is a crock of BS. People of all color need to take responsibility for their actions " if you want to be treated with respect, then give it! If you want to be treated like a punk, then act like one!