Black Lives Matter.... - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter....

Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    Black lives matter to me as an Black Male in todays society and to many of my friends, family, and colleges who are not just black but many races. To say "Certainly not to other blacks or people of color" is an insulting and ignorant statement at best to me and many people like me.

An officer should never loose his/her life on the job and I am in no way condoning any actions of anyone no matter what there race is to intentionally hurt or kill LEOs. We are taught in this country that you have to pick a side which is BS, they do this to keep us divided and it has worked. You can be pro police and pro black lives matter, the good from both groups should be embraced by all and the bad chastised.

"I'm thinking the problem is in "their house". " Absolutely wrong and exactly why race relations never get better. This is OUR SOCIETY not their society, we should be in the fight against violence and the lack of education together as communities, cities, states, and country. Human life should be important to everyone across the board and inner city black on black killing (which is definitely the biggest problem WE have in inner cities across the country) doesn't just affect black people, it affects everyone. Its time for all of us to come together to educate and fight through the problems in our communities. United we stand, divided we fall.
    +1000

I am sickened by the ignorance, blatant misrepresentations, inductive reasoning, marginalization, and the celebrated propagation of stereotypes that have been expressed in this thread. Some of you have been sources of very helpful information regarding motorcycles, and have provided many chuckles in the various threads, but I am shocked and disgusted to find that some of my favorite posters subscribe to such small-mindedness.

It is often said that when someone tells you who they are, believe them. Well many of you have made me a believer. I believe that many of you have an US vs. THEM mentality. I believe that many of you think that the anecdotal experiences of you and your associates validate your misinformed opinions of your fellow citizens who may greatly differ from you in many ways. I believe that many of you REALLY DO believe that you can ascribe/discern the character traits, intellects, proclivities, and collective intentions of an entire ethnicity based on "what you've seen" while summarily invalidating the different perspectives that others have based on THEIR observations/experiences. I believe that many of you are arrogant enough to be confident that your interpretation of what #Black Lives Matter means/intends is correct EVEN THOUGH the founders and members of that movement have REPEATEDLY debunked those interpretations. I believe that many of you simply cannot understand that being critical of SOME members/aspects of law enforcement and the justice system is NOT tantamount to being against ALL members/aspects of law enforcement and the justice system. I believe that many of you find it hard to disagree with a person's perspective without demonizing the person for seeing things differently.

IMHO, many of you should be ashamed of yourselves and totally embarrassed to write the things that have been expressed in this thread, but I'm sure that's hard to feel when you get so many affirmations of your point of view. We are the UNITED States of America. If we refuse to stand as one, we will surely fall as one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
    +1000

I am sickened by the ignorance, blatant misrepresentations, inductive reasoning, marginalization, and the celebrated propagation of stereotypes that have been expressed in this thread. Some of you have been sources of very helpful information regarding motorcycles, and have provided many chuckles in the various threads, but I am shocked and disgusted to find that some of my favorite posters subscribe to such small-mindedness.

It is often said that when someone tells you who they are, believe them. Well many of you have made me a believer. I believe that many of you have an US vs. THEM mentality. I believe that many of you think that the anecdotal experiences of you and your associates validate your misinformed opinions of your fellow citizens who may greatly differ from you in many ways. I believe that many of you REALLY DO believe that you can ascribe/discern the character traits, intellects, proclivities, and collective intentions of an entire ethnicity based on "what you've seen" while summarily invalidating the different perspectives that others have based on THEIR observations/experiences. I believe that many of you are arrogant enough to be confident that your interpretation of what #Black Lives Matter means/intends is correct EVEN THOUGH the founders and members of that movement have REPEATEDLY debunked those interpretations. I believe that many of you simply cannot understand that being critical of SOME members/aspects of law enforcement and the justice system is NOT tantamount to being against ALL members/aspects of law enforcement and the justice system. I believe that many of you find it hard to disagree with a person's perspective without demonizing the person for seeing things differently.

IMHO, many of you should be ashamed of yourselves and totally embarrassed to write the things that have been expressed in this thread, but I'm sure that's hard to feel when you get so many affirmations of your point of view. We are the UNITED States of America. If we refuse to stand as one, we will surely fall as one.
    All Lives Matter including Blue Lives and Chicago Black Lives (which BLM ignores)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...k-black-crime/

• FACT 1. Over 1,400 more black Americans murdered other blacks in two years than were lynched from 1882 to 1968.
    • FACT 2. Black People (mostly men) commit a grossly disproportionate amount of crime.
    • FACT 3. Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks committed half of homicides in the United States for nearly 30 years.
    • FACT 4. Chicago’s death toll is almost equal to that of both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined.
    • FACT 5. It would take cops 40 years to kill as many black men as have died at the hands of others black men in 2012 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    Black lives matter to me as an Black Male in todays society and to many of my friends, family, and colleges who are not just black but many races. To say "Certainly not to other blacks or people of color" is an insulting and ignorant statement at best to me and many people like me.

An officer should never loose his/her life on the job and I am in no way condoning any actions of anyone no matter what there race is to intentionally hurt or kill LEOs. We are taught in this country that you have to pick a side which is BS, they do this to keep us divided and it has worked. You can be pro police and pro black lives matter, the good from both groups should be embraced by all and the bad chastised.

"I'm thinking the problem is in "their house". " Absolutely wrong and exactly why race relations never get better. This is OUR SOCIETY not their society, we should be in the fight against violence and the lack of education together as communities, cities, states, and country. Human life should be important to everyone across the board and inner city black on black killing (which is definitely the biggest problem WE have in inner cities across the country) doesn't just affect black people, it affects everyone. Its time for all of us to come together to educate and fight through the problems in our communities. United we stand, divided we fall.
    +1000

Good, thoughtful and well constructed posts. In a utopian sort of way I completely agree with the desired outcome concerning our society. Being a realist, I just don't think it's going to happen though. Just way too much entrenched hate within the races. The brotherly love and be kind to each other messages are not getting through to the hard core purveyors of racial hate within the masses.

That in itself is continually fanning the smoldering fire of racial disharmony in the United States.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

A marriage bruised by an affair can succeed and thrive if both parties forgive and forget and move on. Love will conquer.

The same marriage has zero chance of succeeding if the one partner hurt can never forget, never stop reflecting, never stop driving the nail in the heart. Casting lies about the other. Twisting the facts.

Well the folks that run the media and the race baiters.....my Congressman to be a specific example can never let it pass. Never forgive, never move on. They live in a world of hate and when the hate is perpetrated on law enforcement, well the hate has gone to far. The bigots of this country that want to lump all law enforcement as bad are fueling the fire. Our great leader cast his bigotry when he spouted how an entire police department was bad. The ENTIRE police department. How do we correct that kind of hate from a President?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Refreshing to see him start to realize and speak the truth, concerning the problems in his community. As opposed to the overly, racially bigoted rhetoric he is infamous for.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

+1000

It's early but here I go...... I do not believe that there is a hate between people of color. The fact that we cannot get past color would be the problem. The fact that certain groups of people commit more crimes, has had trillions of dollars thrown at it and still no one knows the answer is quite concerning. Is it as simple as lesser social economic groups just will not conform. Do they act out because they have less? Why do they have less? Why after 50+ years has nothing changed within this community? Were the trillions of dollars spent in vain? Are people destined to never leave their cast? Is it lack of jobs, education, or family values? The latest talking heads want to say it is now the lack of family. I don't know. I can say that there are sub-cultures with this great nation. That certain people act,live and strive toward a lifestyle that is surrounded by like minded people who enjoy motorcycles. And there are the others...the ones who would prey on the weak in society. The ones who feel somebody, everybody owes them a living because they have less. The ones who believe that the 1% should give them theirs so all can be equal. I believe we are all equal. I also believe it is not the effort, nor the hours, it's the results that count. I believe that in this country you can be anything you desire. Why do some people get married, start a family, have 2.54 kids and live the dream? Why do some not chose this path? As pointed out above, I do not understand the BLM movement. I believe in law. I believe that when ANYONE kills another they are innocent until proven guilty. I do not believe that marching,burning and destroying property is a way to show a wrong has been done. I believe that is what the court system is for. If a police officer harms another illegally, then the court system WILL punish that person. I do not believe watching a film clip of 10 - 15 seconds tells a story not containing the other 5 minutes that was not recorded or left out as to push the current agenda. I do not believe that blocking the roads or causing more harm is a way of showing a wrong has been done and a change needs to come. I believe that BLM ONLY hurts their cause with these actions. I believe that until the black community riots and burns every time a black life is smothered out nothing will change. I believe until people value life, any life that we will continue down this path.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

As long as we continue to define Americans by race, instead of by Nationality... we will always have these problems.

My heritage is German/Irish/Greek/Polish. I don't go running around expounding the fact that I am a "German/Irish/Greek/Polish-American"

I describe myself (and label myself) as an American.

Get rid of the hyphenated labels. In my opinion, African-American does nothing but alienate others.

Sure, be proud of one's culture... but don't use it publicly as a crutch and expect special treatment.

It's long overdue for some folks to become homogenized in our society. Civil rights laws were passed to assist in that; but many of the "birds of a feather" are still flocking together; with their distinct self-labeling; and refusal to assimilate into law abiding, productive American society.

Yeah and it's hard to do that. It was hard for me. Seems that it's only a minority of Americans these days (of all colors) that realize taking/choosing the hard way will result is economic success; instead of sitting on their haunches and demanding handouts; for perceived "wrongs" (past and present) that they still feel they've fallen victim to.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Some additional thoughts ;;;

How can people have time to riot, burn and pillage? I'm at work and don't have the time.

Why is it burning your own home will make your life better? Done in Miami and CA

Why is anyone out after midnight? You should be in bed resting to go to work in the morning.

Why is anyone afraid of LEO's. I have never seen one walk into a church and rip someone out of a pew and proceed to beat them.

Why do people feel someone, anyone owes them ANYTHING?

Why do people feel it is OK to burn and pillage because someone they have never met nor ever will was apparently disparaged?

Why do people feel the need to own 20,30,50, guns?

Why do some people need 10K rounds of ammo?

Why does someone feel the way they do?

Why do some folks need to cut the heads off of other folks?

Why does anyone car about someone they have never met and want to go riot, burn and pillage?

Why is it OK to rob and steal while you are protesting a wrong done to someone else?

I, for one have no ideal who or why the police shot the last two people. I think there were two, I don't know or care. 8000 people a day die in the USA.

Why do people feel that they are next?

How many bad LEO's are there out of a possible million or two?

How many people burn and pillage of any select group compared to the whole?

Who here thinks they are furthering their cause by blocking roads, rioting and making thing worse ? Where is the positive aspect?

Who here REALLY cares about anyone outside their family? Go ahead ask them for $50 and see what they say.

Who here is reading my ranting?

How can any one of color not be embarrassed by the actions of a few, and better yet why are the many judged by the few?

Things are not going to change until there is change. Lets start with the ideal that our judicial system although flawed is the best in the world. Let the system work. Lets not be so quick to judge until we have walked a mile or three in the other mans shoes. Lets have some love for folks. Lets respect one another. As far as the PoPo goes it is really simple. Be nice, be respectful, do what your told when told. Let the other person show their ass.
    When done call their supervisor or go by their office and file a complaint. I GUARANTEE you someone will investigate it till they run out of ink. If the LEO keeps getting complaints he/she/it will not be a PoPo for long. I have never seen injustice done by a LEO. I have seen and have been attacked by the folks who I swore to protect. I have been to the hospital to be repaired. I have been divorced because my wife could not understand why I did the job and the not knowing when or if I would come home. The first one left when I came home all bloody, took a shower put on another uniform and went back to work. The second one left when I was gone for two days during a major hurricane with sand bags in the floorboards of my unit and a chain saw cutting paths for people to leave and no time other than a phone call to check on my family. Today I do not understand how someone's life can be so bad. Get a job, go to school, make a difference and change your life. It's up to you! No one can make you want "it" whatever "it" is for you. There are to many programs, free school and oppurtunities for life to be so bad today. Is it the job you want? Maybe not but it is a start. Life really does suck. You work your ass off, hopefully have enough money to pay your bills and maybe go out or vaca once in a while. the choice is yours!

I'm going to go put the new amber lights on my bike and forget all this until another day or hour!!!

I love you guys, try to pay it forward. Lets make today a new day !

shooter
    I'm reading it Steve and I don't see a problem with someone owning 50 guns or more if they want. The only problem I see owning 10k rounds of ammo is that it probably isn't enough. You did make a few good points though.