front end squeak

Thread: front end squeak

front end squeak

Anyone out there have a squeak develop in the front end? happens at very low speed or stopped when I move the bars,sounds like something rubbing inside the fairing.Only 2000 km on the bike so I doubt something is worn out,looking for the simple fix before I take it to the dealer and look like a "dumb ass"

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Anyone out there have a squeak develop in the front end? happens at very low speed or stopped when I move the bars,sounds like something rubbing inside the fairing.Only 2000 km on the bike so I doubt something is worn out,looking for the simple fix before I take it to the dealer and look like a "dumb ass"
    Get a can of CRC Heavy Duty Silicone and give the front "tupperware" a few shots to any and all surfaces. It dries quickly without any residue and just may remove your "squeak"! Nothing ventured. nothing gained!

Pay special attention

To the fork seal guard that protects the front fork seals from bugs and debris and sit right atop the front fender. They have a tendency to rub on the front fender and make noise.

Not front end squeak, but...

...under the seat "creak" somewhere on mine. I heard it last night as I was flat footing the bike around and getting it into the shed.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    To the fork seal guard that protects the front fork seals from bugs and debris and sit right atop the front fender. They have a tendency to rub on the front fender and make noise.
    wrenched that guard around a bit and voila no more squeak,thanks man