Need a little info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a little info

Need a little info

I posted earlier about running over a pallet on I-77 at speed about a month ago. Since that time my bike has been sitting at a dealership in SC (I am in FL) and Honda can not seem to find a final drive. It has been on back order since June 14th and according to Honda they have no idea when one will become available.

I know some guys have purchased drive train parts from trike shops and progressive says they will consider one if I can locate it. Anybody know of any trike shops that may have a final drive. I thought I would check here first. I will be doing a internet search for trike shops and starting to call all of them later today.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I posted earlier about running over a pallet on I-77 at speed about a month ago. Since that time my bike has been sitting at a dealership in SC (I am in FL) and Honda can not seem to find a final drive. It has been on back order since June 14th and according to Honda they have no idea when one will become available.

I know some guys have purchased drive train parts from trike shops and progressive says they will consider one if I can locate it. Anybody know of any trike shops that may have a final drive. I thought I would check here first. I will be doing a internet search for trike shops and starting to call all of them later today.

Visit E-bay and plug in GL1800 Final Drive! You'll find numerous one for sale at reasonable prices There's a Trike Shop located in Inverness Fl. which is technically in your back yard of Ocala Fl. The shop advertises they have 10 final drives on hand!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-GOLDWI...5UWka-&vxp=mtr

One Possibility

There's a Honda dealership in Colorado Springs that does a lot of trike conversions. There had a stack of Goldwing rear wheels and I bought a spare from them. They might have some final drives. The dealer is Apex Sports, phone 719-475-2437. I would ask for Doyne -- he's the owner and personally does the trike conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Visit E-bay and plug in GL1800 Final Drive! You'll find numerous one for sale at reasonable prices There's a Trike Shop located in Inverness Fl. which is technically in your back yard of Ocala Fl. The shop advertises they have 10 final drives on hand!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-GOLDWI...5UWka-&vxp=mtr

Thanks Bob,

It's not to hard to find one off a Wing, it's just hard to find a black one off a 6. I may have to resort to painting one. I'm still looking.

Did you try Honda of Russelville?

How much do they charge for a take off final drive anyway?
    Steve

Black Final Drive

Thanks Bob,

It's not to hard to find one off a Wing, it's just hard to find a black one off a 6. I may have to resort to painting one. I'm still looking.
    I got lucky. When I was looking for a spare wheel, Doyne had just triked one of those anniversary edition Wings with the black wheels. It even included a new OEM Bridgestone.

Are you saying that your bike is at a Honda Dealer, and they can't source a part? Or is your bike at an independent dealer and they can't source a Honda part?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

I have in my inventory of spare parts a NEW "0" mile BLACK F6B final drive.

Has the rear brake rotor but NO rear brake caliper.

I can ship it out late this week or early next week to your dealership.

$150 plus $50 shipping.

That is what I paid for it. You can have it for what I have into it.

Check your PM for my phone number.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Are you saying that your bike is at a Honda Dealer, and they can't source a part? Or is your bike at an independent dealer and they can't source a Honda part?
    Honda Dealer, I called Honda in California and they don't have one and can't give me a date either.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

I have in my inventory of spare parts a NEW "0" mile BLACK F6B final drive.

Has the rear brake rotor but NO rear brake caliper.

I can ship it out late this week or early next week to your dealership.

$150 plus $50 shipping.

That is what I paid for it. You can have it for what I have into it.

Check your PM for my phone number.

I will take it, per our phone conversation I will send you the shipping address (PM) and make payment whenever you are ready.

Thank You, I have had it with Honda and Insurance, you saved the day.