Trip to Utah - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trip to Utah

Broken Hand can vouch for the humidity out here, it's gross, I suspect it's gross all over except places like UT. I haven't traveled much.
    Thick or thin, active or passive, the men in my family sweat more than the average person when the humidity is high. My son is 13 and it's apparent I've passed it on to him.

Beyond the low humidity though, the scenery and magnificence of these areas overwhelms the senses. Just being there would be enough, but exploring it on the F6B is nirvana.

I'm not getting any younger and was thinking I should get out there again with my 13 and 14 yr old kids. I made the mistake of mentioning the Crater of Diamonds park and now nothing else matters to them. I'll do a 3 day trip there with them, find a bunch of diamonds, and then head out west again before summer is over.

Thanks for a review of your trip. I Really enjoyed the Grand Canyon, North Rim. Did you go the Bryce? It is right between the Grand Canyon and Zion.

At Bryce you are looking down at Wonderland, at Zion you are looking up and at the Grand Canyon you are looking across...so you never get a stiff neck! If you do get to Zion, there is a side road running along the outer boundary of the park that is worth the ride. You are "King of the Road"
    since I think I saw two cars on it going and coming, great views everything from 180 degree, off-camber, turns to wide open straights and everything in between.

In Zion, you only have bus drop-offs but the ride into the park is outstanding.

I motelled it all the way so I wouldn't have to unpack every night but ended up doing it anyway. After 700 mile rides in 110 degree heat, air conditioning was priceless. If you do take that Northern route through KS, CO, UT, and NV, I have the names of some good local motels where you can park right outside your room. Most were like $60 a night.

I am planning to come back through Yellowstone, the Tetons and the Badlands but got to get through the California inferno first.

I too have traveled by mysel for thousands of miles and have found it
    wonderful the people and sites along there way.
    Has always been funny the things you think about and the conclusions you come to
    I would definitely recommend to all take a long long trip by your self
    and enjoy the things you see and most of all the things you learn about yourself.