Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
I went with the General G-Max, 195/55/16. I run 42lbs. I went with 12 oz. of ride-on, it makes the tire a run flat and keeps it in balance constantly. I did about a thousand miles before the Rally and 4000 miles getting to and back from the Rally. I am liking the feel it gives on the road. I do feel it pull me into the truck tracks near red lights where the blacktop is wore in. Nothing I can't handle or live with. Did some very nice twisties in Arkansas, and never felt I was on a car tire or my life was in danger. I rode to Arkansas with Reservebum who is running ( I believe ) stock pipes, I am running Rush pipe with 2.5 baffles with Torq Loops. My bike was a little bit heavier on the road due to over packing, but we were pretty constant on fuel with him beating me by 2/10s of a gallon per fill up. Empty I was a 10th better or even with him.

All in all I am very satisfied with the choice I made. Next change will be the Battle Ax in the front

Thanks for all the info on this subject which turned me into a darksider.
Jeff
Jeff:

Nice report on your experience with the G-Max! Once you get accustomed to its handling there's "no going back"! I'm currently on my second one and have a few spares left. I may follow your lead on the "Ride On" on my next tire change and completely eliminate the need to "static balance" and "wheel weights".

Ride Safe

bob109