f6b fork brace

Thread: f6b fork brace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I am a believer in a fork brace, but after I installed my HeliBars I felt no need for a fork brace on my F6B as they tightened up the front end the same way I have notice when I have use a fork brace on other scoots in the past. I don't think I'll gain any thing more by adding the fork brace. Now a set of Mono shock cartridges like the ones from Progressive in the tubes would be nice.

I do plan to install a set of "All Balls" tapered roller bearings in the trees that I have setting on the shelf as I know the tapered roller bearing are much more stable than the ball bearings Honda put in there. kind of funny that Honda uses ball bearings as stem bearings in their flagship the GL1800, F6B even the Rune but put the much better tapered roller bearings in the VTX1800 (VTX1300 is ball bearings).
    Your gonna like the tapered bearings in the F6! Mucho improvement...........
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Your gonna like the tapered bearings in the F6! Mucho improvement...........
    Oh I have no doubt about it as I have done the conversion on some other's scoots and test rode them. I also plan to do both my Runes with the same bearings and why I have had a set on the shelf for a while, just waiting till I need to change the front tire which is a bitch on the Rune and do the stem bearings at the same time. I do have the special tool for extracting the lower and upper races in the neck so that part is quick and easy.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/