f6b fork brace - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: f6b fork brace

I bought mine directly from Super Brace---then found out Wingstuff has them a lot cheaper plus free shipping.

I could tell a difference before I got out of 3rd gear.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I'm going to try a Super Brace as well as the Kury Mini Boards. I just have to decide if I'm keeping the "6" or moving on to another bike. I had a fork brace on my V-Strom and it did make the bike more solid feeling in the curves. Never had floor boards so that's kind of a crapshoot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I bought mine directly from Super Brace---then found out Wingstuff has them a lot cheaper plus free shipping.

I could tell a difference before I got out of 3rd gear.
    Curious as to what kind of "difference"?? I rode a friend's F6B a couple months ago for about 50 miles on some straight and curvy roads and did not notice anything his bike did/did not do that mine without a fork brace did....Maybe I am missing something....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Curious as to what kind of "difference"?? I rode a friend's F6B a couple months ago for about 50 miles on some straight and curvy roads and did not notice anything his bike did/did not do that mine without a fork brace did....Maybe I am missing something....Regards
    Opas,
    I will tell you my experiences with and without brace.
    First I keep my front tire at 40-41 psi - very firm.

With the brace, the feedback from the tire & front suspension through the handlebars was more uniform on both sides and the feeling was more stable under loading.
    I had to remove the brace for a few days as one of the screws had backed out and I needed a new screw and some loctite. I reinstalled the OEM parts and immediately could feel the handlebars differently, almost like they were wiggling in different directions. Got the screw & loctite, reinstalled the SuperBrace and the feeling was uniform again.

If the front tire is below 38-40 psi, this effect may not come to pass - I do not know.
    If you have Helibars or some other "brace" already going across the handlebars or forks, you may not notice either.
    My Helibars just arrived and I'm pretty sure this will tighten up even more.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    I think I'm going to try a Super Brace as well as the Kury Mini Boards. I just have to decide if I'm keeping the "6" or moving on to another bike. I had a fork brace on my V-Strom and it did make the bike more solid feeling in the curves. Never had floor boards so that's kind of a crapshoot for me.
    I also had a DL650 in the past with a fork brace.... HUGE difference on the highway... my Wee tracked straighter; especially when being buffeted by cross winds and tractor trailers.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Opas,
    I will tell you my experiences with and without brace.
    First I keep my front tire at 40-41 psi - very firm.

With the brace, the feedback from the tire & front suspension through the handlebars was more uniform on both sides and the feeling was more stable under loading.
    I had to remove the brace for a few days as one of the screws had backed out and I needed a new screw and some loctite. I reinstalled the OEM parts and immediately could feel the handlebars differently, almost like they were wiggling in different directions. Got the screw & loctite, reinstalled the SuperBrace and the feeling was uniform again.

If the front tire is below 38-40 psi, this effect may not come to pass - I do not know.
    If you have Helibars or some other "brace" already going across the handlebars or forks, you may not notice either.
    My Helibars just arrived and I'm pretty sure this will tighten up even more.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Your feedback comments are just the same feel improvement I felt on mine after installing the Superbrace.How someone cannot understand that with 900lbs before rider weight added that a brace would not improve the feel by keeping those fork legs from moving a little with road irregularities.Heck why do you think High Performance cars have a shock tower brace across the front-Not for looks.Oh well to each his own but I feel at the price it is a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Your feedback comments are just the same feel improvement I felt on mine after installing the Superbrace.How someone cannot understand that with 900lbs before rider weight added that a brace would not improve the feel by keeping those fork legs from moving a little with road irregularities.Heck why do you think High Performance cars have a shock tower brace across the front-Not for looks.Oh well to each his own but I feel at the price it is a good investment.
    I am not suggesting that for some they do not work..but, a slight correction on the above. The F6B does not weigh 900lbs...Closer to 835 lbs. Some riders are very heavy, some not, I suppose on a GW, loaded for touring, the front forks would be more stable and a fork brace is good to have. I am not opposed to installing one and those that seem to notice some difference in the front end feel and that is terrific. I just am not convinced that I need one, and don't ride that aggressive to warrant the expense..I am very familiar with front stabilizer bars, etc. on High Performance cars as myself and my sons have used them on Mustangs, and 3 Mazda Speeds...but, not to beat a dead horse to death, as I said a while back, if you want a fork brace "go for it" and enjoy the ride....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am not suggesting that for some they do not work..but, a slight correction on the above. The F6B does not weigh 900lbs...Closer to 835 lbs. Some riders are very heavy, some not, I suppose on a GW, loaded for touring, the front forks would be more stable and a fork brace is good to have. I am not opposed to installing one and those that seem to notice some difference in the front end feel and that is terrific. I just am not convinced that I need one, and don't ride that aggressive to warrant the expense..I am very familiar with front stabilizer bars, etc. on High Performance cars as myself and my sons have used them on Mustangs, and 3 Mazda Speeds...but, not to beat a dead horse to death, as I said a while back, if you want a fork brace "go for it" and enjoy the ride....JMHO
    Opas... For Keerists sake... just buy the Superbrace and experience the improvement.

You consistently present negative posts about them, though you have never used one on a F6B...

... just as those whom dislike car tires on motorcycles and never have tried them.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Go with the kury

I watched the traxion gold wing video thats a few years old . Its on YouTube, it was before they ( traxion) made their own brace. In the video he recomended the kury. I don't know if superbrace was around then. The traxion guy said you should be able to notice it at very low speeds. Its was quite convincing. I just got my kury in the mail today. I plan on getting the traxxion forks and rear springs done in a month or so. The video was at a goldwing event. It was very informative about our suspension systems weaknesses. Having a cartridge on only one side is a ridiculous oe cost savings scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    I watched the traxion gold wing video thats a few years old . Its on YouTube, it was before they ( traxion) made their own brace. In the video he recomended the kury. I don't know if superbrace was around then. The traxion guy said you should be able to notice it at very low speeds. Its was quite convincing. I just got my kury in the mail today. I plan on getting the traxxion forks and rear springs done in a month or so. The video was at a goldwing event. It was very informative about our suspension systems weaknesses. Having a cartridge on only one side is a ridiculous oe cost savings scheme.
    Can you articulate further please?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537