f6b fork brace - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: f6b fork brace

I put a Superbrace on my 6B and certainly noticed a difference. It tightened up the front end and feels like it's on a rail in those long sweeping curves.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Curious as to what kind of "difference"?? I rode a friend's F6B a couple months ago for about 50 miles on some straight and curvy roads and did not notice anything his bike did/did not do that mine without a fork brace did....Maybe I am missing something....Regards

The best way I know to describe it is that it made the handlebars "tighter" even going in a straight line. If your tires are a little low over time you don't notice the sponginess in handling--you become used to it--then you air them up and you can feel a "crispness" in the way the bike handles. That is the best way I know to tell you. It is like the suspension got tighter and crisper. Not saying it was bad to start. Heck, I have changed tire brands and got a different ride and as was already mentioned, PSI in the tires change the feel. Riding somebodys elses F6B may not be a fair way to judge. What is their PSI set at? What brand tires or what is the rear shock set at? It is probably set up for their personal taste. Just curious though---did you ask them if they saw an improvement in their bike when they installed it?

Helibars claim the same sensation to a degree. I already had the Superbrace on when I installed the Helibars and I could not tell a difference. It may be that if I had the Helibars on first and then installed the Superbrace, I may not have noticed it then. You may not notice it at all. Everybody is wired differently. I will say there are few accessories that get ALL positive comments by those who buy them. Helibars and Superbrace are about the only 2 items that I don't recall ANYBODY putting on their bike and then speaking negativity about it afterwards.

Then again, it may not just be for you. To each his own. But I do think most who have installed it, swear by it, "on their ride".

Cheers
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a believer in a fork brace, but after I installed my HeliBars I felt no need for a fork brace on my F6B as they tightened up the front end the same way I have notice when I have use a fork brace on other scoots in the past. I don't think I'll gain any thing more by adding the fork brace. Now a set of Mono shock cartridges like the ones from Progressive in the tubes would be nice.

I do plan to install a set of "All Balls" tapered roller bearings in the trees that I have setting on the shelf as I know the tapered roller bearing are much more stable than the ball bearings Honda put in there. kind of funny that Honda uses ball bearings as stem bearings in their flagship the GL1800, F6B even the Rune but put the much better tapered roller bearings in the VTX1800 (VTX1300 is ball bearings).

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

2 dollar dampner rod

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Can you articulate further please?
    All I meant was one fork in our bike uses a modern damping cartridge but the other fork has the 1960 type solid rod with a hole in which the fork oil is pushed through. The traxxion guy said it costs about 2 bucks. Great old video of a traxxion presentation to a gold wing event with a set of our forks for demo. On YouTube.

I am not suggesting that for some they do not work..but, a slight correction on the above. The F6B does not weigh 900lbs...Closer to 835 lbs. Some riders are very heavy, some not, I suppose on a GW, loaded for touring, the front forks would be more stable and a fork brace is good to have. I am not opposed to installing one and those that seem to notice some difference in the front end feel and that is terrific. I just am not convinced that I need one, and don't ride that aggressive to warrant the expense..I am very familiar with front stabilizer bars, etc. on High Performance cars as myself and my sons have used them on Mustangs, and 3 Mazda Speeds...but, not to beat a dead horse to death, as I said a while back, if you want a fork brace "go for it" and enjoy the ride....JMHO
    Yea 835lbs if you ride without anything extra on the bike-but most of us have hung all kinds of goodies on ours-lights,floorboards,footpegs like my Ergo 3's,racks ect.Not to mention what we load in the bags and on the rack/seat.Never took into account the rider as our weights vary.I just find it funny that you always put up your 2 cents worth on these questions as to run a brace or not and you have never had one.Kind of like me telling someone what it's like to grow up black-only problem is I'm white.So I guess you have beaten a dead horse when it comes to advise on this one subject.Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Yea 835lbs if you ride without anything extra on the bike-but most of us have hung all kinds of goodies on ours-lights,floorboards,footpegs like my Ergo 3's,racks ect.Not to mention what we load in the bags and on the rack/seat.Never took into account the rider as our weights vary.I just find it funny that you always put up your 2 cents worth on these questions as to run a brace or not and you have never had one.Kind of like me telling someone what it's like to grow up black-only problem is I'm white.So I guess you have beaten a dead horse when it comes to advise on this one subject.Have a nice day.
    I am not giving advise to you or anyone my friend, just offering my opinion as do others on this site...Do whatever makes you happy and we will all be better off for it....Regards.....

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I am a believer in a fork brace, but after I installed my HeliBars I felt no need for a fork brace on my F6B as they tightened up the front end the same way I have notice when I have use a fork brace on other scoots in the past. I don't think I'll gain any thing more by adding the fork brace. Now a set of Mono shock cartridges like the ones from Progressive in the tubes would be nice.

I do plan to install a set of "All Balls" tapered roller bearings in the trees that I have setting on the shelf as I know the tapered roller bearing are much more stable than the ball bearings Honda put in there. kind of funny that Honda uses ball bearings as stem bearings in their flagship the GL1800, F6B even the Rune but put the much better tapered roller bearings in the VTX1800 (VTX1300 is ball bearings).
    Your gonna like the tapered bearings in the F6! Mucho improvement...........
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Your gonna like the tapered bearings in the F6! Mucho improvement...........
    Oh I have no doubt about it as I have done the conversion on some other's scoots and test rode them. I also plan to do both my Runes with the same bearings and why I have had a set on the shelf for a while, just waiting till I need to change the front tire which is a bitch on the Rune and do the stem bearings at the same time. I do have the special tool for extracting the lower and upper races in the neck so that part is quick and easy.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I am not giving advise to you or anyone my friend, just offering my opinion as do others on this site...Do whatever makes you happy and we will all be better off for it....Regards.....
    WOW dude you just don't get it-How can you offer up a opinion on something you have never installed? I will do what makes me happy and disregard your posts.REGARDS to you.

I've been looking at the SuperBrace and the Kury. In the YouTube videos, the Kury appears to be a bit beefier than the Super....but once everything is nailed down,does it make a difference beyond looks?

Anyone try both? Any discernible difference in handling?

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---