Thoughts on This Puppy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on This Puppy?

I have one in my family belongs to my 80 year young Uncle he loves it , we being my brother modified a set of F6B cobra pipes and pulled the baffles on two per side Looks and sounds Great
    Battoo

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Not wild about the wheels. Nor the butt ugly saddlebags (Corbin, you say? Christ they're turning out some crap these days)....makes it look like a Pacific Coast.

But....with the demise of the Rune....I guess if you spent enough time and money on the idea, you could come up with a decent looking rocket after a fashion.

....sT
    Oh my, more knocks on my forlorn PC800

I bought my PC new in 1997, kept it 6 months and traded it for a '97 Valkyrie. The poor thing set there on the sales floor for several months, unsold. I keep eyeing it every time I dropped by the dealership. I saw one at the Honda Hoot in Asheville with a Givi Trunk and it didn't look so scooterish; so I bought it back. It has been a great bike ever since. I rode it from Johnson City, TN to Anchorage, AK. It is as comfortable as my F6B and my CTX1300. It grows on you.

Attachment 22270

Attachment 22271
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 F6B Motor Trike Raptor

For what its worth, I owned a 2014 with a Corbin Seat, Honda Bags, and Windshield. I traded it in on a F6B. The Valkyrie handled terribly with its strange size front wheel. You needed to power through a turn or it would drift wide. Also the front tire is only available as a Honda part in this country. I replaced it with a different brand and size tire and the handling did improve. It did however, go smoothly over bumps without the Anti Dive Valve of the F6B. However, the F6B beats it in the turns and pretty much all other categories. I do not regret trading it in.

Two of the most fun bikes I ever had - a 94 black on and a 97 red one. Put on over 75k miles on those two, about 40k two up. Still miss them.

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post

Two of the most fun bikes I ever had - a 94 black on and a 97 red one. Put on over 75k miles on those two, about 40k two up. Still miss them.
    Guy right down the street from me just put his PC up for sale. Rode up to Honda of Marysville (old home of the Goldwing) and they had a used Rune on the floor kinda a blue color and it was debadged (poorly) and had some crazy single knob adjustable windshield on it that was the weirdest thing I ever seen? They was asking almost 17k for it.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

The size of the front tire really limits the choices. Plus, I've watched the vids and read the reviews that state the riding position isn't that comfortable being more a a clam shell position.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Guy right down the street from me just put his PC up for sale. Rode up to Honda of Marysville (old home of the Goldwing) and they had a used Rune on the floor kinda a blue color and it was debadged (poorly) and had some crazy single knob adjustable windshield on it that was the weirdest thing I ever seen? They was asking almost 17k for it.
    It was probabaly a Corbin Trimtab adjustable fairing, which thankfully is no longer made.

IMO

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/