Question about using Pandora

Thread: Question about using Pandora

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    With Pandora you'll be using data as you go. Apple Music and some of the other subscription services allow you to download albums for offline use.
    Depending on your data package it may not be that bad. I was surprised at how little data streaming music uses, if you've set up an account on your cell service provider's site you'll be able to keep an eye on data usage.
    There are also apps for your phone that make it easier to watch data use.

I prefer the flash drive, but when using the phone I have it mounted on my right handlebar with a 1/8" cable running to the left cubby.
    Streaming audio uses little data. I believe it is 60 MB per hour. About 16.6 hours of audio streaming = 1 GB of data. Double check this information as I am going by memory, but I stream audio an hour a day while out walking and I never use more than 2 GB total any month.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Streaming audio uses little data. I believe it is 60 MB per hour. About 16.6 hours of audio streaming = 1 GB of data. Double check this information as I am going by memory, but I stream audio an hour a day while out walking and I never use more than 2 GB total any month.
    You may be right but when I looked into this some time ago, I remember coming up with 30 hours per GB. Either way, audio streaming doesn't use much data at all. Due to this, I have forever eliminated Sirius XM and use Radio Tunes on my phone for my primary source of music.
    Ken (Hornblower)