Wish list for next gen Gold Wing/F6B
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wish list for next gen Gold Wing/F6B

Wish list for next gen Gold Wing/F6B

These are my suggestions for upgrades, based on my desires. Others will be different, I am sure..

1. Bluetooth capability for audio/phone with upgraded screen with more information (compass, continuous air temp, more audio info, gear indicator)
    2. Cruise control and ABS across the lineup
    3. Fob-activated push button start (no key necessary, just a fob in pocket or nearby)
    4. Electrically controlled (remotely thru fob) locking/unlocking of saddlebags
    5. Capless fuel filler neck (just a remote access fuel door, like many cars now have)
    6. LED fog lights standard or as a factory option
    7. Satellite radio capability
    8. Smaller, boxer-four engine option (a 1200cc four cylinder with 80 hp)
    9. Smoother shifting gearbox with a 6th gear (perhaps electronically activated?!?)

#8 is a reach because designing and building an engine from scratch to fit ONE model and two model variations does not pass the cost-benefit analysis test...especially when the trajectory is MORE power, not less. I simply don't need all the power that the 1.8 flat-six offers. I would rather have a four that allows more legroom, better mpg (I bet we would be getting close to 50 mpg with this hypothetical engine), and still has plenty of power and smoothness on tap.

#9 - With nearly 5,000 miles on the clock, the shifting precision of the 5-speed box has gotten better for me but still needs to improve.

On the + side, I don't want Honda to mess with anything on the chassis...wow...what a fine balanced handling machine the F6B is. It is easy to tell they built it on a sport bike frame. For a 900 lb bike, I feel like a can throw it around like a rag doll - and I am not an aggressive rider! However, this bike encourages me to carve it up a bit and parking lots with heavy traffic are not worries. Just today I did a U-turn in a pinch on a two-lane highway at, I am guessing, 15 mph...piece of cake.

I did not mention traction control. One would think it would be necessary with 118 hp on tap, but I have never felt the need for it.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I'm with you on everything but #8. Maybe they could offer a smaller displacement model like they did with the VTX's, but down sizing the whole class would be a step backwards IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    These are my suggestions for upgrades, based on my desires. Others will be different, I am sure..
    Just one change...
    A quality paint job with a clear coat.

shooter
    VSTAR I'm glad you're not designing my bike. If you want less power , buy a Harley. Me , I could use another 25 or 30 HP.

I would add, adjustable windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    VSTAR I'm glad you're not designing my bike. If you want less power , buy a Harley. Me , I could use another 25 or 30 HP.
    ScreenShot030.jpgor more

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    I'm trying to be realistic Larry. Yeah give me 200 HP. I'll never say , "that's just too much power , cut it back"!!! That's like that too much money and girl too pretty thing.

I'm trying to be realistic Larry. Yeah give me 200 HP. I'll never say , "that's just too much power , cut it back"!!! That's like that too much money and girl too pretty thing.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

- DCT transmission ? I know I'll probably get thrashed for even mentioning this , but I believe it's more than likely a done deal that the next gen Goldwing will have this available as an option. Currently I do not own a F6B , but hope to be a proud owner of a matte grey before the end of summer. My 2010 VFR 1200fd has the dual clutch , it's a very different riding experience. When I bought this bike five years ago wasn't really looking for a VFR but the technology , DCT , engine , brakes , chassis required me to do an extremely long term evaluation. Mine has the 1st gen DCT and it's been updated twice since. The newest variation can be found on the new Africa Twin and VFR 1200x . Works very well in a high horsepower-torque bike , not sure about the lower powered bikes Honda offers it with.

Only as an option....but...highly unlikely considering everyone wants more power not less. They would be offering that engine to me and probably three other people.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6