Rider Magazine...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rider Magazine...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    shooter
    Personally , I've been reading rider magazine for about 8 months. Got the subscription for a Christmas present. It sucks. Its geared toward smaller bikes and adventure bikes and Moto Guzzi bikes. In other words everything but heavy cruisers. I have yet to find an article that related to our bike. If you own an adventure bike or sport tourer you might enjoy it. I think the writing is second rate also. Not putting down other bikes as a lot of us own 2 or more. I just don't think the magazine delivers from a riders standpoint.

Don't bother clicking, it's a reprint of a 4 year old article that was republished only to get clicks, no new info.
    I understand that clicks make money, but this just seems desperate.
    ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Personally , I've been reading rider magazine for about 8 months. Got the subscription for a Christmas present. It sucks. Its geared toward smaller bikes and adventure bikes and Moto Guzzi bikes. In other words everything but heavy cruisers. I have yet to find an article that related to our bike. If you own an adventure bike or sport tourer you might enjoy it. I think the writing is second rate also. Not putting down other bikes as a lot of us own 2 or more. I just don't think the magazine delivers from a riders standpoint.
    +1
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I started reading Rider back in the middle '70's. Back then it was just about the only magazine I could find that recognized the long distance and touring rider as a viable group.

I let my sub die about '85...give or take. Due to professional obligations, I never had time to read it and they were beginning to pile up. Hadn't even looked at an issue for a long time after that.

Picked up a copy here about two or three years ago. It would appear that Rider is not the magazine it once was.

....And that is a pity.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I've had a subscription in the past and a couple years ago , I had another subscription, that has elapsed.
    No the magazine isn't the same.
    Not trying to defend Rider, but times are different too.
    The last I knew, adventure bike sales were one of the fastest growing segments. I'm sure there is no coincidence that Rider has geared towards a growing segment. Their financials would demand it. Especially in this digital day and age where anything "print media" is on the down turn.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Yep, I let my subscription expire and they keep sending me the mag. It really doesn't grab me or my want in cycling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    You know guys , not really a mag out there for us. Its either Harley , adventure or Sport Tourer. I used to get Cruiser but they folded.

You know guys , not really a mag out there for us. Its either Harley , adventure or Sport Tourer. I used to get Cruiser but they folded.
    Attachment 22259

shooter
    I'm already getting that one.