Rider Magazine... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rider Magazine...

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Personally , I've been reading rider magazine for about 8 months. Got the subscription for a Christmas present. It sucks. Its geared toward smaller bikes and adventure bikes and Moto Guzzi bikes. In other words everything but heavy cruisers. I have yet to find an article that related to our bike. If you own an adventure bike or sport tourer you might enjoy it. I think the writing is second rate also. Not putting down other bikes as a lot of us own 2 or more. I just don't think the magazine delivers from a riders standpoint.
    Yep, I let my subscription expire and they keep sending me the mag. It really doesn't grab me or my want in cycling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    You know guys , not really a mag out there for us. Its either Harley , adventure or Sport Tourer. I used to get Cruiser but they folded.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    You know guys , not really a mag out there for us. Its either Harley , adventure or Sport Tourer. I used to get Cruiser but they folded.
    Attachment 22259

shooter
    I'm already getting that one.

Lots of "bagger" magazines on the racks these days but we seem to be invisible to that crowd. Once in awhile we get time in stuff like wingworld. But I don't seem to fit in that demographic either.

"Cycle World" created a new category for the F6B - "Heavy Cruiser."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

"Heavy Cruiser"

.....I like that!

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Nothing ceases to amaze me these days! I live in a world where everyone else wants to tell me how to live my life. Whether its the right to own a gun, the right for abortion, the church or religious group I belong to, the car I drive, the oil I use, the food I eat, the eateries I frequent, the food I buy, the beer, soda or other alcohol I consume, the shampoo I use etc. etc. etc. Life is about choices and at 67 years old I'm personally not about to cede my rights to anyone! Everyone has a opinion and that is great up until the point they want me to conform to their whims and wishes. Dark Siding is portrayed by the ill informed as being unsafe. It is debated to death by critics who have not a single revolution of a CT on a cycle under their a$$. I'll stop there and simply say that while all the critics continue to debate the DS Subject, I'll continue to rack up miles on my CT's and ignore baseless claims that I'll crash and burn. Upon my demise my headstone will have but the date of my arrival and the date of my departure. The only thing that matters is that little dash - between the two. It the whole of my life
    I'm right there with ya, Bob.
    I'm 65 going on 66 and I ain't conformin' to anybody's whims, wishes or demands (well, except maybe for the wifey at times). They can all go piss up a stump.
    I darksided 2 of my bikes with nary an issue, including the F6 today (pic below), my cc pistol is a Smith & Wesson M&P 40 converted over to fire 357 SIG (highly controversial in the gun world), I use Amsoil in every motor I own, don't drink booze, go to church, eat fried chicken, drink 20 oz. sodas sometimes and will vote for Trump. My main motorcycle magazine is: Roadrunner Motorcycle Touring & Travel....because it has great travel guides, maps and articles on some pretty nice rides, places, etc. that cater to the long-distance touring scene.
    I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks of my choices...they're mine to make. I'm just enjoying every day that I have left on this side of the grass.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    I'm right there with ya, Bob.
    I'm 65 going on 66 and I ain't conformin' to anybody's whims, wishes or demands (well, except maybe for the wifey at times). They can all go piss up a stump.
    I darksided 2 of my bikes with nary an issue, including the F6 today (pic below), my cc pistol is a Smith & Wesson M&P 40 converted over to fire 357 SIG (highly controversial in the gun world), I use Amsoil in every motor I own, don't drink booze, go to church, eat fried chicken, drink 20 oz. sodas sometimes and will vote for Trump. My main motorcycle magazine is: Roadrunner Motorcycle Touring & Travel....because it has great travel guides, maps and articles on some pretty nice rides, places, etc. that cater to the long-distance touring scene.
    I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks of my choices...they're mine to make. I'm just enjoying every day that I have left on this side of the grass.
    Non-conformity is a product of "Wisdom"! The ability to chose and do what is right for you is a paramount feature of "freedom"

Ride Safe

bob109

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Non-conformity is a product of "Wisdom"! The ability to chose and do what is right for you is a paramount feature of "freedom"

Ride Safe

bob109
    So true Bob as well as,

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

'Buddha'

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/