Second bike...? Thoughts? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Second bike...? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Having owned a few Victory's and ridden the ones your talking about, I have never noticed any vibration through the seat or any lack of power..My Victory Vision had no such issues and could easily "blow away" most HD's and other V-twins...????...Maybe you had a bad bike or were looking for something that was not there....Ride safe
    When I pulled up to the Victory dealer last October, I told the owner that I really valued a smooth, comfortable bike for longer rides. I told him that I am still open to a twin, but was growing a little tired of the feeling of vibration that comes from a twin, particularly under throttle. While I thought that the 1700cc Vic might be smoother than my 1100 VStar, because it is a $22,000 touring bike, he told me later that he knew right then I would not like the Vic because it was designed to have the rider "feel" the motor, as that is what many Vtwin riders like. He said that the Yamaha 1100 is one of the smoothest Vtwins around and if I felt that vibrated too much, then I would hate the Vic.

I pulled out of the driveway of the dealer and out on to the main road. Under moderate throttle while getting up to speed, I felt the vibration of the coffee-can sized pistons right through the seat on my arse. I also felt it through the bars. I felt that would become fatiguing on a long trip, plus I thought a $22k bike would isolate its rider far better than that.

As for acceleration, I felt I needed to really twist the Vic's throttle to get it moving. The dealer told me they made the throttle less linear because people were breaking the rear tire free too easily, so that may be what was driving my perception.

Anyway, you are probably right - I was expecting a different experience that what the Vic was designed to deliver. When I was cruising through the Finger Lakes on Saturday at a steady 50-55 mph without a single sensation from the flat-6 Honda, that it what I was looking for. I guess I found it...minus ABS, cruise, and a trunk!

Still like the thought of that much different experience in a second bike.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

My other scoot is low-profile semi bobbed VTX 1800C. If I ever get a bigger garage I'll have a full blown bobber and maybe a Busa.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

For something less bulky and an 'in the city' ride, I've often thought of the Triumph Street Triple.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    My other scoot is low-profile semi bobbed VTX 1800C. If I ever get a bigger garage I'll have a full blown bobber and maybe a Busa.
    I had an 06 C model. I can only imagine a stripped down bobbed 1800. That thing must be wicked fast.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    My second bike if I had unlimited cash would be a Motus MST-R
    oh yes!
    2015 Blue F6B deluxe
    2014 Concours 14

2nd Bike?

I'd buy a 2nd F6B.
    I'd spend a week maintaining the paint job, then while riding that one, I'd spend the next week maintaining the paint job on the 2nd F6B.

shooter
    That's why I have trouble keeping up with the cleaning. I only have one B. Thanks man. I know what I have to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I had an 06 C model. I can only imagine a stripped down bobbed 1800. That thing must be wicked fast.
    And when you add a turbo they're quick too.
    250phatturboX.jpg

4-07-05 turbo X dash.jpg

Attachment 22410

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I'd buy a 2nd F6B.
    I'd spend a week maintaining the paint job, then while riding that one, I'd spend the next week maintaining the paint job on the 2nd F6B.
    I had up to three bikes at one time... and the cleaning of the chrome, the wheels, the paint; etc... just became too much and detracted from the overall enjoyment of them.

So I finally got the stable down to two... no chrome to clean.. and thank goodness I have my sanity back.

Black powdercoated wheels such as the F6B's are the bomb. No repetitive and meticulous cleaning/polishing required. That flat black paint blends well with road grime and brake dust.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I had up to three bikes at one time... and the cleaning of the chrome, the wheels, the paint; etc... just became too much and detracted from the overall enjoyment of them.

So I finally got the stable down to two... no chrome to clean.. and thank goodness I have my sanity back.

Black powdercoated wheels such as the F6B's are the bomb. No repetitive and meticulous cleaning/polishing required. That flat black paint blends well with road grime and brake dust.
    I haven't touched my wheels once in 13,000 miles. Doesn't seem to affect my ride.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.