Bringing bike in for brake recall Saturday

Thread: Bringing bike in for brake recall Saturday

Bringing bike in for brake recall Saturday

Having the brake recall done on Saturday. I'm am also getting my first oil change done and rear diff. checked. Should I change the triple trees bearings to all ball bearings, if so how much should it cost? Is this a recommended upgrade. Is there anything else I should have the dealer check while the bike is in there. It took a month and a half to get an appointment.

How many miles on the bike? Are you having handleing probolms when you are dragging hard parts in the corners? Unless you are a really large person and ride like a nut case I don't think you will feel much if any improvement unless you have bad stearing head bearings. If you want to tighten up the front end, add a fork brace. If you need to burn cash, heli bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    How many miles on the bike? Are you having handleing probolms when you are dragging hard parts in the corners? Unless you are a really large person and ride like a nut case I don't think you will feel much if any improvement unless you have bad stearing head bearings. If you want to tighten up the front end, add a fork brace. If you need to burn cash, heli bars.
    One of many good ?

Greg If you have frontend head shake the yes to the "All Ball" bearings or at a min have stem nuts torque checked. How does the bike feel to YOU that is another good ?.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/