Well she got a work out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well she got a work out

Well she got a work out

Took the Bee for one hell of a ride. 3030 miles in just under 50 hours. Went from Olympia Wa to Sioux Fall SD and back. I was shooting for the Iron Butt Bunn Burner Gold 3000. 3000 miles in under 48 hours. Unfortunately due to a few unfortunate events I missed my goal by an hour and 53 minutes. I should still qualify for 2 separate 1500 in 24 hour Bunburner golds.

Anyhow, the Bee was a beast and performed flawlessly. Think she is a keeper.

PS If you're going to get a speeding ticket Montana is a great place to do it. 87 in a 70 only cost me $70 bucks and the cops take credit cards. And he was actually a pretty cool guy.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

shooter
    That's pretty awesome Dawg. My helmet is off to you. Not an easy thing to do. Congrats.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I rode 125 miles in four hours last weekend. Does that get me anything?

Howwww....does one ride 3,000 miles in 53 hours? That's an average of 56 mph....with no sleep or stops.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I rode 125 miles in four hours last weekend. Does that get me anything?

Howwww....does one ride 3,000 miles in 53 hours? That's an average of 56 mph....with no sleep or stops.

hopefully 125 miles gets you a smile. It's the only real reason to ride.

and it was actually 49 hours and 53 minutes. I was shooting for 48 hours. That also included a 3 hour nap in Sioux Falls. It helps that almost all of Montana has an 80mph speed limit as well as South Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    Took the Bee for one hell of a ride. 3030 miles in just under 50 hours. Went from Olympia Wa to Sioux Fall SD and back. I was shooting for the Iron Butt Bunn Burner Gold 3000. 3000 miles in under 48 hours. Unfortunately due to a few unfortunate events I missed my goal by an hour and 53 minutes. I should still qualify for 2 separate 1500 in 24 hour Bunburner golds.

Anyhow, the Bee was a beast and performed flawlessly. Think she is a keeper.

PS If you're going to get a speeding ticket Montana is a great place to do it. 87 in a 70 only cost me $70 bucks and the cops take credit cards. And he was actually a pretty cool guy.
    Hey BadDawg, tell us what held you back and how did you prep so others can learn from your experience.

what went wrong

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Hey BadDawg, tell us what held you back and how did you prep so others can learn from your experience.
    Will do. First do your homework and plan your route. know the speed limits and 24 hour gas stops.

I did all that. I've done these before just not this big.

What went wrong. The big killer, I lost my pony tank less than 70 miles into the trip. Now my 5 fuel stops each direction and known stops just went to hell. I scheduled fuel stops around ever 350 miles. now I don't know exactly were I'm stopping. parts of Montana and South Dakota have some very sparse area. my 5 stops turned into 11 each way.

Hit bad weather in Wyoming. I was using my phone as a GPS touch screen doesn't work when wet. i missed a crucial exit that added almost an hour to my trip. I actually have a water proof GPS but it is bulky and I don't like the touch screen on it. I should have sucked it up.

If you want to certify your run documentation is everything. Coordinate your key points before you go. Trying to explain on the fly why you need witness to a total stranger is very time consuming.

There are many things that you cannot control. Weather, traffic, construction. So don't leave the things you can control up to chance.

for sale

slightly used pony tankAttachment 22297

Yeah, that's pretty much badazz there. Everybody clap your hands. Any type of coast to coast biking record?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much badazz there. Everybody clap your hands. Any type of coast to coast biking record?
    IBA has a coast to coast in 50 hours. It's on my bucket list along with a boarder to boarder and deadhorse AK to Key West FL