Headlight needed

Thread: Headlight needed

Headlight needed

My headlight went out today. I'm going to the auto store in the morning to buy a bulb.
    Would there be one headlight brand thats better or are they all the same?
    Would h7 be the correct bulb?

Richie

Yes that is the correct part # also remember to keep the black piece on the end of the bulb it is needed for the new one.

Head Light Source

H-7 is the correct Bulb #. Been through several on my six. As such, I found "twin packs" of the H-7's at Wally World for approximately $25.00. I keep a spare in a plastic "pill bottle' which is wrapped in a clean paper tissue. Make sure you don't get any finger oils on the glass! If you do the bulb will "self destruct" quickly. There is a plastic insulator which is attached to the end of the OEM bulb which must be reused.

Here's the info on the bulbs!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SYLVANIA-H...-Pack/21949999

Attachment 22298

Thank you, so much for your help.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    H-7 is the correct Bulb #. Been through several on my six. As such, I found "twin packs" of the h-7's at Wally World for approximately $25.00. I keep a spare in a plastic "pill bottle' which is wrapped in a clean paper tissue. Make sure you don't get any finger oils on the glass! If you do the bulb will "self destruct" quickly. There is a plastic insulator which is attached to the end of the OEM bulb which must be reused.

Here's the info on the bulbs!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SYLVANIA-H...-Pack/21949999

Attachment 22298
    Or you can get the Silverstar Ultra for a little whiter light, but at a price premium. Some say they don't last long, but I have had them in the F6b for 2 years and 13,000 miles and for longer than that in my BMW. Usually about $45-50 for a two pack.