Greetings and salutations!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings and salutations!

Greetings and salutations!

OK...so I've visited this site before but officially joined this morning! I'm a 63 year old fella that is looking to retire soon and am ready to take the F6B plunge!!! It was a tough decision, as I've been very enamored of the Triumph Rocket III. But, I've decided to go the F6B route! I owned a '79...back in the day...and have loved Wings ever since! I was one of the first on the central CA coast to fully dress my Wing with Vetter equipment and really, have wanted another ever since! I ride alone, so don't need ALL of the passenger paraphinalia that a full sized Wing has. I've found a blue 2015 locally and now I'm just waiting to hear from my banker!!! So...my question for y'all is...what , exactly, am i NOT going to like about the bike??? I already know I'm going to need a custom saddle...the stock one just feels funny. 'Course I'm used to the POS saddle on my Triumph Trophy!

Well...turns out I DID join before!!! Silly me!!!

WINDSHIELD!

I have tried several in an attempt to find the perfect one. Never did find it, but I have one that is tolerable. The choice is very personal, both in amount of wind you prefer, your size and placement on the bike.

Lots of manufacturers offer returns which gives you an opportunity to try before you commit. Also, you can buy used and if you don't like it, you can sell it and not loose much money. See if you can borrow a spare from someone local.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

The only thing I don't like is when you get on the highway it just seems to go 80mph. Welcome
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

Take a serious Look At Day-Long Custom Seats

They built me the most comfortable seat I have ever had out of the OEM seat. They take your measurements and pictures of you on the bike and build you a custom one off seat. Here are pics of the one they built for me002.jpg004.jpg005.jpghttps://www.day-long.com/contact/ They are right out there in your neck of the woods also. So you can either ship them the seat or drive in with an appointment after sending them all the info they need.

Windshields

I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall and found the Bagger Shield to be the one I like, It's the one that can go from 11 inches to 19 inches. So on a hot day you can flip the top section over and make it 11 inches. A lot of the guys like the Mad-Stad windshield also but there is a raft of windshield makers out there besides those two. You have a lot of surfing to do to cover them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    The only thing I don't like is when you get on the highway it just seems to go 80mph. Welcome
    Uggg... yours too?!

Welcome to the party, Tankeryanker!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Bike puts me to sleep out on the highway after about 1-1/2 to 2 hours. It's so smooth and with the engine so quiet, music blasting or not, I have to stop for a few.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    + 1 Seems like it's hard to keep it from wanting to go there.

My wife and I can't say enough about the Russell day long saddle. We have the dual model. He is located in CA, If you are close he dose drive in work. http://www.day-long.com/

WP_20150714_16_35_11_Pro.jpg

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!